Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

The reason why I asked you to try with and without InjectIntel is because you said it woke with it enabled. I found this strange because the latest WhateverGreen doesn't rely on that method anymore. So I just wanted to confirm that didn't play a role in waking your computer.

When you described what happens when you try to wake, it sounded like the whole system remained unresponsive. This made me believe that it was a USB issue. (You never replied when I asked if it wakes from pressing the power button...) That's why I suggested getting your USB right.

I might have missed your question about power button... sorry.
When I tried to wake up computer I just use the keyboard, my fans start to spin, I see HDD\SSD led blinking but screen is off.

No with the EFI that you gave me it works fine!
Thank you.

Tomorrow I will get my Bluetooth/wifi module from MacBook Air and I hope that my build will be finished.

Thank you, Pastrychef, you are awesome!

I might have missed your question about power button... sorry.
When I tried to wake up computer I just use the keyboard, my fans start to spin, I see HDD\SSD led blinking but screen is off.

No with the EFI that you gave me it works fine!
Thank you.

Tomorrow I will get my Bluetooth/wifi module from MacBook Air and I hope that my build will be finished.

Thank you, Pastrychef, you are awesome!

The way I have your uia_exclude= is for your Wi-Fi/Bluetooth to replace the existing/included Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card. If you use the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card that you are expecting tomorrow in a PCI-e slot, you will have to change the custom flag to enable the correct USB port.

The way I have your uia_exclude= is for your Wi-Fi/Bluetooth to replace the existing/included Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card. If you use the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card that you are expecting tomorrow in a PCI-e slot, you will have to change the custom flag to enable the correct USB port.

Yes, I'm going to put WiFi\BT card to the original place of the MB, NOT to PCI-e slot.

Didn't you say you have working sleep/wake with one monitor?

See post #2772.
I did, but when it doesn't work, it looks exactly the same. I am now using PCIE bt/wifi card, plugged into the closest slot to the cha_fan and motherboard led/reset/power pins. What should my uia_exclude look like, just to confirm it's not that problem here. Also, how would I switch to old way of doing IntelInject and disable new way, to see if that's the problem too?

Yes, I'm going to put WiFi\BT card to the original place of the MB, NOT to PCI-e slot.

Okay. Good. Then you don't have to make any changes to the custom flag.

I did, but when it doesn't work, it looks exactly the same. I am now using PCIE bt/wifi card, plugged into the closest slot to the cha_fan and motherboard led/reset/power pins. What should my uia_exclude look like, just to confirm it's not that problem here. Also, how would I switch to old way of doing IntelInject and disable new way, to see if that's the problem too?

Your PCI-e card should have a cable coming out of it and that cable should be plugged in to one of the USB2 headers on the motherboard. Depending on the header you used, you probably have to enable HS12 or HS14 (I've never seen those adaptors use the odd numbered port).

Since you won't be using the USB connection on the M.2 connector, you can add HS07 to the exclude list.

If you want to use old method of injecting Intel, do the following:
  1. Remove Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext, and WhateverGreen.kext from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
  2. Install Lilu 1.2.4, AppleALC 1.2.8, IntelGraphicsFixup 1.2.7, and WhateverGreen 1.1.7 to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
  3. In your config.plist, Graphics section, set InjectIntel=true and ig-platform-id=59120003.
  4. In your config.plist, Devices section, set IntelGFX=0x59128086.
  5. In your config.plist, Devices section, Properties section, delete everything there.

Ah... I forgot that you are using 5 monitors. I really don't know what needs to be done to activate the video ports on the second card correctly...

No, I don't run any apps that really utilize OpenCL. I'm on a Vega so no Cuda for me. Metal, of course, is is used even in Finder.

Hi Pastry,
I've update my EFI to ur 44.1 and installed my GTX 970s(like you said) and use the card that close to CPU as display output( 2nd card does not attach any output cable).
As the result, only 4 monitors will be activated.
However, I notice the machine will restart after showing login page(stay login page for 3-4sec then restart).
System will back to work if nothing will be opened after login in(Restart/Shutdown with un-click "reopen window when login" option).

I assume it might be related with Chrome's hardware acceleration?
Or any other suggestions?

For dual card output, nv drive 104 used to work without any issue.
I've tried to install 104 via webdriver tool from homebrew but it didn't work.
I wonder what should I do if I'd like to disable iGPU but only enable NV(and AMD via WhatEverGreen) in your 4.1 EFI?

I attached my current config seems the change i made is disabled "change GFX0 to IGPU" in ACPI

Thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.3 KB · Views: 167
Hi Pastry,
I've update my EFI to ur 44.1 and installed my GTX 970s(like you said) and use the card that close to CPU as display output( 2nd card does not attach any output cable).
As the result, only 4 monitors will be activated.
However, I notice the machine will restart after showing login page(stay login page for 3-4sec then restart).
System will back to work if nothing will be opened after login in(Restart/Shutdown with un-click "reopen window when login" option).

I assume it might be related with Chrome's hardware acceleration?

For dual card output, nv drive 104 used to work without any issue.
I've tried to install 104 via webdriver tool from homebrew but it didn't work.
I wonder what should I do if I'd like to disable iGPU but only enable NV(and AMD via WhatEverGreen) in your 4.1 EFI?

I attached my current config seems the change i made is disabled "change GFX0 to IGPU" in ACPI

Thanks!

If you want to disable IGPU, do it from BIOS.

I edited out the IGPU stuff from your config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.1 KB · Views: 162
If you want to disable IGPU, do it from BIOS.

I edited out the IGPU stuff from your config.plist.
Thanks!

How about the restart?
My machine will restart after showing login page(stay login page for 3-4sec then restart).

Do you think it may related with Chrome's hardware acceleration?

Thanks!

How about the restart?
My machine will restart after showing login page(stay login page for 3-4sec then restart).

Do you think it may related with Chrome's hardware acceleration?

I don't know what can cause that. I don't use the login screen (living alone is priceless).

It may be related to Chrome... Try quitting Chrome then restarting with "reopen windows when login". If there are no problems, then you know it's a Chrome issue.

Back