Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

My build is ASUS ROG Z370-F, when I use the EFI provided here for UHD630, it shows the same before Clover version screen, but it is fine, the install is success. But after system running for a while, it suddenly reboot automatically, then reboot again and again at about 80% loadding time with Apple logo, before the reboot, the screen will flash as a full green color. Even at the first time when system running fine, the screen has the different color than normal, alway has no refresh on open windows or desktop. Now I can't login system because the reboot issue, I will do it when I could.

Do you have your GTX 1080 Ti installed?
Is your monitor connected to your GTX 1080 Ti or the motherboard?
Are you overclocking your CPU or your RAM?

re: HWMonitor / HWSensor AKA iStat replacement.

I'm using VirtualSMC. Is there a HWMonitor for it? iStat shows "no sensors."

(Yeah: I looked around before asking... ;-)

TIA

Yes, get the VirtualSMC package and install all the kexts in that package to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

Yes, I have a GTX 1080 Ti, but I connect to motherboard. This morning I use USB to boot, the system worked with another Graphic Card Intel HD Graphic CFL CRB 1536MB, all the color is right. Performance is good. Then, suddenly reboot again. Afterwards, back to UHF 630, problem remain. WTH!!! How could I get the CFL CRB come back?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 73
  • F6047C04-1014-473B-9143-E69D4912CB14.jpeg
    F6047C04-1014-473B-9143-E69D4912CB14.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 65
I didn’t overclock.
BTW, do I need use MultiBeast or Hackintool to do post installation? I use MultiBeast to install then I get right color back with UHD 630 again. OMG, what happen? Now System asks me upgrade to 15.3, should I do it? OMG!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 59
Yes, I have a GTX 1080 Ti, but I connect to motherboard. This morning I use USB to boot, the system worked with another Graphic Card Intel HD Graphic CFL CRB 1536MB, all the color is right. Performance is good. Then, suddenly reboot again. Afterwards, back to UHF 630, problem remain. WTH!!! How could I get the CFL CRB come back?

You should disable the GTX 1080. Just plugging your monitor to the motherboard isn't enough.

I didn’t overclock.
BTW, do I need use MultiBeast or Hackintool to do post installation? I use MultiBeast to install then I get right color back with UHD 630 again. OMG, what happen? Now System asks me upgrade to 15.3, should I do it? OMG!!!

My install method doesn't use MultiBeast. If you use MultiBeast, please follow the following guide.

Hi @pastrychef ,

a little oT: I remember that some times ago you wrote about the xpetology project, could you be able to tell me what hardware you are using for your homemade NAS? TIA!

Hi @pastrychef ,

a little oT: I remember that some times ago you wrote about the xpetology project, could you be able to tell me what hardware you are using for your homemade NAS? TIA!

Sure.

I'm using an ASRock C2550D4I motherboard. It comes with an Atom SOC CPU which has proven to be more than enough for my needs. I got my motherboard almost 5 years ago and, since then, the prices of these motherboards have almost doubled... ASRock has also released newer versions of this board, so I would check on prices of those.

For a case, I use a Silverstone DS380. It's not very pretty to look at, but it was cheap and came with 8x hot swap bays which is exactly how many drives I wanted in my array and it's relatively compact.

I used a Silverstone 300W SFX power supply because it was the only SFX power supply I could find that provided 20A on the 5V rail. This is extremely important because if it didn't provide enough power on the 5V rail, I would run the risk of drive instability such as drives disappearing from the array.

I don't think AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext is needed for your motherboard.

I've never tried hot swapping in macOS and I don't think I have hot swap enabled in my BIOS.
I did try it.
You first need to enable Hot Swap in the Bios
and THEN
you need to add a patch in the Kernel and kext Patch section.
Such patch is different for any OS generation.

Back