Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Do one of the proper USB 15 port limit fixes. You can't expect USB to work correctly with just the KextsToPatches.
I did USB 15 port limits with hackintool and i put SSDT-UIAC.aml to EFI-CLOVER-ACPI-Patched

Meet my $34 DIYPC MA08-BK case (it's the smaller one on the right)...
That case looks impressive for the budget price. Front mesh, two fans (one blue LED) no sharp edges to cut yourself. Wow.
Since the side panel is solid you won't see the RYGBW colored cables that make it look ancient. Did you really not suffer any cuts moving the Asus board into that case ?

That case looks impressive for the budget price. Front mesh, two fans (one blue LED) no sharp edges to cut yourself. Wow.
Since the side panel is solid you won't see the RYGBW colored cables that make it look ancient. Did you really not suffer any cuts moving the Asus board into that case ?

I forgot to mention that the two included fans are NOT PWM. But I had to remove the front fan in order for my huge Vega 56 to fit anyway.

Yes, no sharp edges and no cuts. Lol

Security Update 2020-001 went smooth without any issues with EFI Unified r5.1.7 and it is now 10.14.6 (18G3020).

I wasn't so lucky on this one...
@pastrychef, could you please have a look at my thread?

Thank you!

I forgot to mention that the two included fans are NOT PWM.
One last question, do 2.5" drives, mechanical or SSD fit into the Olmaster hot swap device you have installed ?

One last question, do 2.5" drives, mechanical or SSD fit into the Olmaster hot swap device you have installed ?

It's not really a hot swap cage. It's just a bracket that allows me to install 2x2.5" and 1x3.5" drives in to a single 5.25" slot. Currently, my 3.5" drive is not screwed in so I'm kinda using like a hot swap slot...

I'm awaiting deliver of a 2x2.5" hot swap cage for the 3.5" bay...

Do one of the proper USB 15 port limit fixes. You can't expect USB to work correctly with just the KextsToPatches.
Hello Pastrychef
I did the proper USB 15 port limit fixes in two ways but problemp persist.
I was follow your guide and generate USBPorts.kext and delete USBInjectAll.kext and replace it with USBPorts.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. i have disable PLR-Patches from config.plist.
This was not working for me.
Next time i was generate SSDT-UIAC.aml file and put to it to EFI-CLOVER-ACPI-Patched with USBInjectAll.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
I was remove PLR-Patches from config.list
This was not working too.
What else can i try?
Thanks in advance.

Hello Pastrychef
I did the proper USB 15 port limit fixes in two ways but problemp persist.
I was follow your guide and generate USBPorts.kext and delete USBInjectAll.kext and replace it with USBPorts.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. i have disable PLR-Patches from config.plist.
This was not working for me.
Next time i was generate SSDT-UIAC.aml file and put to it to EFI-CLOVER-ACPI-Patched with USBInjectAll.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
I was remove PLR-Patches from config.list
This was not working too.
What else can i try?
Thanks in advance.

Look in post #1. Go to the USB section and look at the image that maps out all the port. Let me know which ports you want disabled.

I don't need hs09 and hs010. One more info i have wifi/bluetooth card in PCI slot and connected to usb on motherboard.

I don't need hs09 and hs010. One more info i have wifi/bluetooth card in PCI slot and connected to usb on motherboard.

1. Put the attached file in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/.
  2. Make sure you have USBInjectAll.kext installed.
  3. Add one of the following to config.plist > Boot > Arguments:
Code:
uia_exclude=HS07;HS08;HS11;HS13;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10;USR1;USR2
or
Code:
uia_exclude=HS07;HS08;HS11;HS12;HS13;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10;USR1;USR2

I have listed two possibilities because I don't know which USB header you have your Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card connected to. One of them will give you working Bluetooth and the other won't. Obviously, use the one with working Bluetooth.

Attachments

• SSDT-USB.aml
    931 bytes · Views: 59
Back