Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hello @pastrychef I'm using your OC-0.7.4 EFI as a base for my own configuration (as I've done in the past... So thank you!) After filling in S/N, ROM, UUID, etc information and rebooting (via USB stick), my Mac's boot volume is not listed in OpenCore's picker. FWIW, I'm using Mojave and even tried setting SecureBootModel = Disable, but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Try setting:
config.plist > UEFI > APFS > MinDate = -1
config.plist > UEFI > APFS > MinVersion = -1

Try setting:
config.plist > UEFI > APFS > MinDate = -1
config.plist > UEFI > APFS > MinVersion = -1
In addition, I did config.plist > UEFI > APFS > UnblockFsConnect = True
as indicated here
The combination works and I've booted via OC 0.7.4 (updated from OC 0.6.5). So far, no problems.
As always, thanks for the help and for your commitment to the community!

So far I'm only being offered 11.6.1, rather than 12.0. Updating to 11.6.1.....

11.6.1 went fine, so NOW 12.01 is offered. Downloading now...

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 3.46.11 PM.png

Not sure how long it took... I started the update and walked away... Came back and all was good.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 4.38.18 PM.png

I'm experiencing some Bluetooth issues with Monetary on my Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build. Will update if/when I find out more.

Figured it out. It's not something that affects Z370.

Last edited:
I'm experiencing some Bluetooth issues with Monetary on my Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build. Will update if/when I find out more.
Can you describe what happens?

Can you describe what happens?

My Magic Mouse 2 and Magic Trackpad both don't work after wake from sleep.

Disabling and re-enabling Bluetooth brings both back.

It should be fine for both Catalina and Big Sur.

I don't see why the RX 6800XT would not work with Clover... Just remember to add the "agdpmod=pikera" boot argument. Also, you may need to enable CSM with the RX 6800XT.

got Big Sur to run with my RX 6800 XT + 9900K with your latest EFI folder using the agdmod=pikera boot argument.
Thank you so muhh! Got 2 issues now to tackle:

1) USB issue. I tried replace the SSDT files with the custom SSDT I made and that seems to work although still had weird things happen at the end but was usable. Mac os won't boot with the files below in the ACPI >patched/origin folders. Your work but I can't read an SD card with my installation then for some weird reason but large external HHD and SSDs work.

@pastrychef , if you got a minute, do you see anything wrong or something I'm missing or overlooked in the two SSDT files I had (attached). The one named SSDT-LPC was in Origin. I did a while back after days of trying to figure it out SSDT.

2) when clover boots, I can only boot via Preboot and there is no regular non-preboot option like usual. Should I be concerned? any guess why would it do that?

Sorry if this is a bit long! any insights into these would be amazing! thanks!

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    687 bytes · Views: 33
  • SSDT-USBX.aml
    185 bytes · Views: 43
  • SSDT-LPC.aml
    97 bytes · Views: 36
Back