Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

new same old issue^^

When I turn off my PC, it turns on by itself.
At that time I reset the NVRAM. If I reset it now, the error still persists.

new same old issue^^

When I turn off my PC, it turns on by itself.
At that time I reset the NVRAM. If I reset it now, the error still persists.

I have not experienced the system turning on by itself...

Which error persists?

I had some trouble updating:
- I left the computer doing it's thing and came back later to the same OS, tried installing again and kept an eye if OC was booting from "Macintosh HD" (must be the temp install drive as my OS drive has another name), it wasen't, i manually selected it a bunch of times and it kept rebooting over and over...
- One of the times it booted in the BigSur the OS asked for iCloud stuff, no ideia why.
- At some point the left and right arrows (up and down too) to select the drive in the OC boot menu were all switched up, from past experience when this happens a NVRAM reset solves it, so I did that and started the instalation again, after that it all went smoothly, about 30mins too.

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 19.35.32.png

So, if anyone gets stuck just try reseting the NVRAM and install again.

Maybe this hapenned because I updated the EFI than immediately tried to Update the OS, a reboot in between could have avoided the issues, not sure.

Try with the OpenCore 0.7.2 EFI.
Thanks @pastrychef for the quick reply. I believe I followed your instructions included in the file right. I'll attach my opencore config.plist. When I boot up and hit f12 I get this "Failed to parse data field" error. Any Idea why that would be? I feel like I'm further than I have been for sure.

Attachments

• config.plist
    37.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Error boot.jpg
    Error boot.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 39
Thanks @pastrychef for the quick reply. I believe I followed your instructions included in the file right. I'll attach my opencore config.plist. When I boot up and hit f12 I get this "Failed to parse data field" error. Any Idea why that would be? I feel like I'm further than I have been for sure.

Not sure why you are getting that message on the screen... The only "ROM" that I'm aware of is in config.plist > PlatformInfo > Generic.

Maybe try re-doing your config.plist...

Well after much reading and experimentation, I now have everything working perfectly. It began by fixing my USB with Hackintool. I am now running OS 11.6 and OC 0.7.3. I have WI-FI and Bluetooth.

Hopefully going to 0.7.4 in the future will be easier.

Thanks for your help.
Sorry to have another problem, but here's what's happening...I am running 12.0.1 and OC 0.7.4.
When I run OCvalidate, I get the message, "NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.7.4!" Even though I am running 0.7.4 as far as I can tell. Hankintool says it's 0.7.4.

Also, many websites give the following message when running Safari.....Safari can't open the page. The error is : "The operation couldn't be completed. No space left on the device" (NSPOSIXErrorDomain:28)

Sorry to have another problem, but here's what's happening...I am running 12.0.1 and OC 0.7.4.
When I run OCvalidate, I get the message, "NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.7.4!" Even though I am running 0.7.4 as far as I can tell. Hankintool says it's 0.7.4.

Also, many websites give the following message when running Safari.....Safari can't open the page. The error is : "The operation couldn't be completed. No space left on the device" (NSPOSIXErrorDomain:28)

Hmm... Weird... Try clearing NVRAM. Also, try replacing the following files with the ones freshly downloaded from Acidanthera.

/EFI/OC/opencore.efi
/EFI/OC/Drivers/OpenCanopy.efi
/EFI/OC/Drivers/OpenRuntime.efi

I don't know why you are getting those Safari errors... I have never seen that. Is your system drive full?

Hi, I am still running Catalina on this golden built (ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G Gaming Wi-Fi AC) - with the Colver that was available back in September 2020 - when i installed Catalina from scratch.

All is still running well, all Catalina updates are also imstalled. Both Big-Sur and Monterey has considerably larger install .app (as I understand due to the dual CPU relevance to support both intel and m1).

Not sure if performance-wise it is suggested to upgrade from Catlania (and I don't see any major features that would worth to move from Catalina) >>> if you have any specific reasons to upgrade to Monterey (from Catalina) - please share it here!

As I understand - the best way (would be) to make a clean Monterey install is to:
  • download Monterey from the app store, create a bootable usb (createinstallermedia in terminal),
  • use the latest EFI mounter, and mount the EFI partition of the USB pendrive,
  • take the latest OpenCore (NOT Clover!) EFI content from this post (thanks to PastryChef) and update the HW specific numbers (as described in the readme) - and then copy the updated config on the `EFI partition of the pendrive,
  • boot/install Monterey from the USB pendrive and at the end of the process copy the EFI content from the pendrive to the EFI partition of the system...
Many thanks!

Back