Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Sucess! typing this from Ventura13.6.1. The solution was to basically start from 0, did a reset of bios and went from there and I was able to boot into the installer.

Thanks for your help

Thank you! Worked like a charm after updating from Monterey. Only thing my FW Audio Interface broke after Update; But after uninstalling Drivers, disabling SIP and re-installing Drivers for Audio Interface, now everything works again!
Hi!
Just to complete this!
The last days I had problems to get the Saffire Pro 40 FireWire Audio Interface on my Ventura Test Drive and also on my Monterey Main Drive with OC 0.9.6 working. Connection established but no audio output as soon as Logic is started, input works…
Tried different things with the OC 0.9.6 config and the thing that works for now is to have DisableIOMapper to false/disabled.

I think for the Driver installation it is crucial to disable SIP to allow the kexts, etc., to install and register. Now I have SIP enabled, and it works on Ventura. Still have to give it some reboots and cold boots on both Drives to verify.

Hi, I used the Sonoma/OC 0.9.6 EFI (with my own HW IDs) and successfully updated to OpenCore 0.9.6, while still on macOS Sonoma 14.1 (23B74). Many thanks @snoopy69 for sharing the 'vanilla EFI'. I also enabled vt-d in BIOS. All is running well.

The Software Update (to Sonoma 14.1.1) does not show up in System Settings. I understand that I have 2 options to update:
  • Option 1) would be to "add
    Code:
    revpatch=sbvmm
    in the boot-args along with RestrictEvents.kext to make the incremental upgrade show up." Unfortunately I do not know how to do this.
  • Option 2) download the "the full macOS installers from Terminal and use that to update" as @pastrychef mentioned in an earlier post (#13,144). This seems to be the 'easier' (straightforward) option to me:
    • Download the 14.1.1 using terminal command and then run that from 14.1
    • No need to create any bootable USB stick with 14.1.1 and with OC 0.9.6 >>> Please confirm this!
Thank you.

Hi, I used the Sonoma/OC 0.9.6 EFI (with my own HW IDs) and successfully updated to OpenCore 0.9.6, while still on macOS Sonoma 14.1 (23B74). Many thanks @snoopy69 for sharing the 'vanilla EFI'. I also enabled vt-d in BIOS. All is running well.

The Software Update (to Sonoma 14.1.1) does not show up in System Settings. I understand that I have 2 options to update:
  • Option 1) would be to "add
    Code:
    revpatch=sbvmm
    in the boot-args along with RestrictEvents.kext to make the incremental upgrade show up." Unfortunately I do not know how to do this.
  • Option 2) download the "the full macOS installers from Terminal and use that to update" as @pastrychef mentioned in an earlier post (#13,144). This seems to be the 'easier' (straightforward) option to me:
    • Download the 14.1.1 using terminal command and then run that from 14.1
    • No need to create any bootable USB stick with 14.1.1 and with OC 0.9.6 >>> Please confirm this!
Thank you.

Correct. Just download the full installer and launch the installer once the download is done. There's no need to create a USB installer.

I'm, trying to debug why I can receive AirPlay from my MBA to my Hack but if I send it from the Hack it get a blackscreen on the MBA. I have iGPU enabled and working.

Answering myself here for the sake of information, maybe it helps someone out there:

The culprit for some reason was sys def iMacPro1,1, I changed it to iMac19,1
Now I can send AirPlay screen mirroring to my real MBP and it works.

Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 8.53.54 AM.png

EFI updated to OpenCore 0.9.6
Attached are two different EFI for those with Ventura and the other for Sonoma.
Enable VT-d.
...to replace with your own USBPorts.kext , SMBIOS, Mac address, Device Properties (GPU Injection).
If you are in Sonoma, before updating use OCLP to restore the roots patches and once macOS is updated, apply the patches again.
macOS 14.1.1 Update, took ~20 minutes.
mrsnoopy.jpg

Thank you for this. I did a clean install from Monterey with no problems.

My computer is not connected via Ethernet.

But I am battling with WIFI/BT (I think BT is unsupported?). According to Hackintool my card is a BCM4352 which should be supported by the new kexts:
IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext
IOSkywalkFamily.kext
VT-d is enabled

The things I have done: Attempt 01
1.Updated Snoopy's config.plist with my old System Product Name MLB, System Serial Number, System UUID, ROM in DataHub - Generic - PlatformNVRAM (I'm using iMacPro 1,1)

2.Updated Snoopy's EFI with my old USBPorts.kext

3.Installed Sonoma with Snoopy's EFI + updated config.plist + USBPorts.kext with fresh USB
4.Put Sonoma EFI on Boot Drive EFI so that it loads right up
5.Restart then reset NVRAM with Bootpicker, then load Macintosh HD with new Sonoma install.
6.Run the OpenCore Legacy Patcher 1.21 (here is where the battle begins)
6.1.When I run the patcher is has "Model: iMacPro1,1" and it says there are "Networking: Modern Wireless Patches Available"
6.2 I then reboot the machine and for a split second when logging in the Wifi icon in the top right is solid, it then turns into a icon with a "!" over it.

Attempt 02 (this is now a fresh install - so there is no trace of attempt 1)
5.Restart then reset NVRAM with Bootpicker, then load Macintosh HD with new Sonoma install.
6.Restart the machine again, and go into recovery mode and disable SIP using terminal using csrutil disable.
6.1 Restart then reset NVRAM with Bootpicker, then load Macintosh HD with new Sonoma install.
6.2 Restart, load Macintosh HD with new Sonoma install.
6.3.Run the OpenCore Legacy Patcher 1.21 (here is where the battle begins)
6.4.When I run the patcher is has "Model: iMacPro1,1" and it says there are "Networking: Modern Wireless Patches Available"

6.5 I then reboot the machine and for a split second when logging in the Wifi icon in the top right is solid, it then turns into a icon with a "!" over it.

My only guess is that the Wifi card is also a Bluetooth Card? and these need to work hand in hand?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and once again, thanks in advance!

View attachment 575080

My computer is not connected via Ethernet.

But I am battling with WIFI/BT (I think BT is unsupported?). According to Hackintool my card is a BCM4352 which should be supported by the new kexts:
IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext
IOSkywalkFamily.kext
VT-d is enabled

The things I have done: Attempt 01
1.Updated Snoopy's config.plist with my old System Product Name MLB, System Serial Number, System UUID, ROM in DataHub - Generic - PlatformNVRAM (I'm using iMacPro 1,1)

2.Updated Snoopy's EFI with my old USBPorts.kext

3.Installed Sonoma with Snoopy's EFI + updated config.plist + USBPorts.kext with fresh USB
6.Run the OpenCore Legacy Patcher 1.21 (here is where the battle begins)
6.1.When I run the patcher is has "Model: iMacPro1,1" and it says there are "Networking: Modern Wireless Patches Available"
6.2 I then reboot the machine and for a split second when logging in the Wifi icon in the top right is solid, it then turns into a icon with a "!" over it.

Attempt 02 (this is now a fresh install - so there is no trace of attempt 1)
6.Restart the machine again, and go into recovery mode and disable SIP using terminal using csrutil disable.
6.1 Restart then reset NVRAM with Bootpicker, then load Macintosh HD with new Sonoma install.
6.2 Restart, load Macintosh HD with new Sonoma install.
6.3.Run the OpenCore Legacy Patcher 1.21 (here is where the battle begins)
6.4.When I run the patcher is has "Model: iMacPro1,1" and it says there are "Networking: Modern Wireless Patches Available"

6.5 I then reboot the machine and for a split second when logging in the Wifi icon in the top right is solid, it then turns into a icon with a "!" over it.

My only guess is that the Wifi card is also a Bluetooth Card? and these need to work hand in hand?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and once again, thanks in advance!

Disable SIP like this:
Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 9.06.42 AM.png

View attachment 575080

Thanks for your post, it makes me happy :mrgreen:

My EFI has SIP disabled, otherwise you wouldn't be able to install the OCLP patches.

At this point, I recommend a clean install, no need to do an NVRAM reset.
  • BIOS v. 3005
  • Ai Tweaker/Ai Overclock Tuner - XMP
  • Advanced/CPU Configuration/Intel Virtualization Technology - Enabled
  • Advanced/System Agent (SA) Configuration/VT-d - Enabled
  • Advanced/System Agent (SA) Configuration/Above 4G Decoding - Enabled
  • Advanced/System Agent (SA) Configuration/Graphics Configuration/Primary Display - PCIE or AUTO
  • Advanced/System Agent (SA) Configuration/Graphics Configuration/iGPU Multi-Monitor - Disabled
  • Advanced/USB Configuration/Legacy USB Support - Enabled
  • Advanced/USB Configuration/USB Keyboard and Mouse Simulator - Disabled
  • Boot/CSM - Enabled
  • Boot/Secure Boot/ OS Type - Other OS
  1. install Sonoma with my EFI from a thumb-drive
  2. Launch OCLP and apply patch.
  3. Reboot.
  4. Done.
I hope it can help you.

Last edited:
Back