Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

your boot argument is still wrong

upload your files here please, do not use dropbox

also no need for:
-alcbeta -lilubetaall -wegbeta -vsmcbeta
can cause more issues
Ok, there you go.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.6 MB · Views: 17
I'm SO embarassed. I copied the pikera code from a website with a damn "-". I'm so sorry for the time you lost. Maybe a round on me? Thanks for the help! You're awesome!

I'm SO embarassed. I copied the pikera code from a website with a damn "-". I'm so sorry for the time you lost. Maybe a round on me? Thanks for the help! You're awesome!
that website needs to get shutdown :)

EFI updated to OpenCore 0.9.3.

All kexts updated to latest release versions except for VoodooPS2Controller.

Apple killed IO80211FamilyLegacy support in Sonoma. This means that even Apple made BCM94360xxx cards will no longer work.

While it's still possible to install and run Sonoma on this motherboard, "everything just works" is no longer true. Things like AirDrop will be broken. I expect more things to break as the end of Intel support in macOS draws closer.

I have decided I will not be upgrading any of my hacks beyond Ventura and I will no longer be updating the EFI folders.

It was a fun ride. Thanks for sticking around.

Last edited:
Apple killed IO80211FamilyLegacy support in Sonoma. This means that even Apple made BCM94360xxx cards will no longer work.

While it's still possible to install and run Sonoma on this motherboard, "everything just works" is no longer true. Things like AirDrop will be broken. I expect more things to break as the end of Intel support in macOS draws closer.

I have decided I will not be upgrading any of my hacks beyond Ventura and I will no longer to updating the EFI folders.

It was a fun ride. Thanks for sticking around.
Thanks for all your amazing work!

Same - thanks for the amazing work!

There might be value in a quick document on how best to update OpenCore using the OCAT utility, so that people could then become familiar with an easy and straightforward method to upgrade to the latest, as surely Sonoma fixes and more general bug fixes will be present in newer OC releases, so there’s still some value in periodic updates.

I’m happy to write that if it’s of interest, and if it’s OK to post.

It’s been a fantastic 5 years, PC, thanks to your hard work and patience with everyone.

There might be value in a quick document on how best to update OpenCore using the OCAT utility, so that people could then become familiar with an easy and straightforward method to upgrade to the latest, as surely Sonoma fixes and more general bug fixes will be present in newer OC releases, so there’s still some value in periodic updates.

It’s been a fantastic 5 years, PC, thanks to your hard work and patience with everyone.
yeah sure, but please only create the guide for upgrading to Sonoma when the first public beta comes out

Yes. Please do a write up. I've never used OCAT. I've always updated manually as detailed here.

Back