Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

If you can VNC in to the computer with 6800 XT, try going in to System Settings > Display and lower the refresh rate to 30Hz.

Also, try to do your testing using a high quality DisplayPort cable. Try to avoid testing with HDMI.
I'm sorry. I do not know how to do that. From my macbook I see the hack on the net. I know user and pass (obviously). Any tip or suggestion? Maybe an app?

If you can VNC in to the computer with 6800 XT, try going in to System Settings > Display and lower the refresh rate to 30Hz.

Also, try to do your testing using a high quality DisplayPort cable. Try to avoid testing with HDMI.
Ok, I'm in but no control over the refresh rate

I'm checking the "about this mac" and the 6800 it's not recognize. Could this be the issue?

EDIT: I'm using a 4k display.

Last edited:
I'm checking the "about this mac" and the 6800 it's not recognize. Could this be the issue?

EDIT: I'm using a 4k display.

What does About This Mac show?

What do you see when you go to System Information > Graphics/Displays?

There you go!
Screenshot 2023-06-13 at 18.09.26.png
Screenshot 2023-06-13 at 18.09.39.png

Make sure WhateverGreen is enabled in config.plist.

The Sapphire 6800 XT should work...
I know. I specifically bought this one for compatibility. I'm using you EFI with the obvious modifications.
Screenshot 2023-06-13 at 18.21.32.png

Screenshot 2023-06-13 at 18.21.42.png

Do you want me to send you my EFI?

Is your EFI zip posted somewhere, so we could have a look and confirm a few things?

Back