Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I didn't find anything similar on the Internet.
well, here you go! It's my second hack, Z370 E Gaming, 8700K, RX 480. I can't do clean install Ventura from USB. Or upgrade to 13.3.1, not possible. Its something with 13.3

Attachments

• IMG_4966.jpeg
    IMG_4966.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4951.jpeg
    IMG_4951.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
well, here you go! It's my second hack, Z370 E Gaming, 8700K, RX 480. I can't do clean install Ventura from USB. Or upgrade to 13.3.1, not possible. Its something with 13.3

Updating to 13.3 or 13.3.1 is no longer a problem. That mystery has been solved.

The issue some seem to be having is with GPUs causing kernel panics.

Well I had some issues but solved it. Probably because of an error in Config.plist or being too old. I started replacing everything in the EFI folder. After that I filled-in the serials etc and add my USBMap.kext for the USB mappings and enabled it in the config.plist. After that I compared both my old and new assembled config.plist but there was not a huge difference.

I only noticed 6 Ethernet related patches.

CaseySJ - Fixes for: rx_ringEJ, allocAvbPacket, allocPtpPacket <- Enabled
CaseySJ - Fixes for: alloc_dma_buffer <- Disabled

Can you tell us why these are required? ... found it, they are AQC-107 and AQC-113 related I think. Can you disable them by default in future Efi-Packs?

Well I had some issues but solved it. Probably because of an error in Config.plist or being too old. I started replacing everything in the EFI folder. After that I filled-in the serials etc and add my USBMap.kext for the USB mappings and enabled it in the config.plist. After that I compared both my old and new assembled config.plist but there was not a huge difference.

I only noticed 6 Ethernet related patches.

CaseySJ - Fixes for: rx_ringEJ, allocAvbPacket, allocPtpPacket <- Enabled
CaseySJ - Fixes for: alloc_dma_buffer <- Disabled

Can you tell us why these are required? ... found it, they are AQC-107 and AQC-113 related I think. Can you disable them by default in future Efi-Packs?

If you don't have those NICs, you can disable them.

Hello, I'm disappointed...my Ventura is crashing on startup after update to 13.3.1 and was working with 13.2.1

If someone has a working EFI file, a extension and drivers list I could copy it would be really, really cool!
Or perhaps a link to a solution...

Thanks in advance, Alan

Hello, I'm disappointed...my Ventura is crashing on startup after update to 13.3.1 and was working with 13.2.1

If someone has a working EFI file, a extension and drivers list I could copy it would be really, really cool!
Or perhaps a link to a solution...

Thanks in advance, Alan

Please post kernel panic info.

Please post kernel panic info.
Thank you for answering pastrychef.

I can't boot in 13.3.1, so i don't know how to do to see this information
The folder "Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports on my 13.3.1 partition is empty...no log inside...

In the console of my other system, when booting from Monterey on an other partition, i can only access the diagnostics of Monterey

More info : deactivating my GPU 5500xt in the bios and booting with the integrated gpu processor leads to the same crash...

thank you again, alan

Thank you for answering pastrychef.

I can't boot in 13.3.1, so i don't know how to do to see this information
The folder "Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports on my 13.3.1 partition is empty...no log inside...

In the console of my other system, when booting from Monterey on an other partition, i can only access the diagnostics of Monterey

More info : deactivating my GPU 5500xt in the bios and booting with the integrated gpu processor leads to the same crash...

thank you again, alan

Are you using the latest EFI from post #1? Did you disable VT-d in BIOS?

Are you using the latest EFI from post #1? Did you disable VT-d in BIOS?

Hello Pastrychef, things are going better...

1. I tried your EFI 2 days ago and the screen became black at boot...
2. I gave your EFI a second chance 10 minits ago, the screen went black...but i realized the computer didn't restarted
3. Added agdpmod=pikera in boot args -> SUCCESS, it booted to 13.3.1...finally !

Your my saver and the saver of many, big thanks for the time you spent for the community ! alan

Updating to 13.3 or 13.3.1 is no longer a problem. That mystery has been solved.

The issue some seem to be having is with GPUs causing kernel panics.
I removed one memory stick, problem solved!

Back