Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

EFI updated to OpenCore 0.9.2.

AppleALC and Lilu updated to latest release versions.

Thank you very much!

I have a question: is it possible to start the hack in target mode? I have a M2 now and it is incredible, I love it. But I need something like a hub for my 3,5HDDs… I was looking into the Sabrent 5bay, but then I realized that it might be possible to use the Hackintosh for that.

Thank you very much!

I have a question: is it possible to start the hack in target mode? I have a M2 now and it is incredible, I love it. But I need something like a hub for my 3,5HDDs… I was looking into the Sabrent 5bay, but then I realized that it might be possible to use the Hackintosh for that.

No, there's no Target Disk Mode on hackintoshes.

IMO, the best way to share drives among multiple computers is to set up a NAS. I am a huge fan of the Sinology DSM OS. You can also build your own if you have old components laying around or even a Raspberry Pi can work.

No, there's no Target Disk Mode on hackintoshes.

IMO, the best way to share drives among multiple computers is to set up a NAS. I am a huge fan of the Sinology DSM OS. You can also build your own if you have old components laying around or even a Raspberry Pi can work.
Thanks for your answer! I have a synology, and they are great. But I don’t need a NAS, which you have to update, etc. I only need local storage for my back up that I can unplug. So I guess I go with the Sabrent.

EFI updated to OpenCore 0.9.2.

AppleALC and Lilu updated to latest release versions.
I just updated and go the following two issues (see picture attached)

Attachments

• Bildschirm­foto 2023-05-11 um 12.56.18.png
    Bildschirm­foto 2023-05-11 um 12.56.18.png
    180.4 KB · Views: 25
I just updated and go the following two issues (see picture attached)

Those are two patches that are disabled. You can go to config.plist > Kernel > Patch and delete all the disabled patches if you like.

Good day, pastrychef! After I changed my cpu from i5 -8600K to 9900K, my integrated (igpu) graphics stopped working. I used to use the integrated and discrete graphics ports at the same time, but now only the 6600xt ports work. I tried to set AAPL,ig-platform-id in Device properties, but it doesn't help and 6600xt stops working. Can you tell me how to fix this please? if it doesn't bother you.

Good day, pastrychef! After I changed my cpu from i5 -8600K to 9900K, my integrated (igpu) graphics stopped working. I used to use the integrated and discrete graphics ports at the same time, but now only the 6600xt ports work. I tried to set AAPL,ig-platform-id in Device properties, but it doesn't help and 6600xt stops working. Can you tell me how to fix this please? if it doesn't bother you.
please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

I don't know. I have never used IGPu for video output when there's a dGPU installed.

This is not a standard config. On real Macs when there's a dGPU, IGPU is only used for things like QuickSync, not for video output.

Back