Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

@Dutchie2

Could you please fill me in on your fix: config.plist > Kernel > Quirks > ForceAquantiaEthernet = Disabled
for the Ventura 13.3 update problem - mentioned by @pastrychef

Thanks!
After 4 days of reboots I cleared NVRAM several times, changed the config sys and yes, it runs perfectly Ventura 13.3

13.3 is definitely the issue.

Was able to get to the actual install screen this time with the 13.1 installer and a new SSD.

Edit: Installed 13.1 on a clone drive of Big Sur and was able to actually log in.
Thank you for helping me troubleshoot, chef!
Also my macOS didn't boot after the upgrade to 13.3

My solution was a downgrade to 11.7.5 – now also my BlueTooth dongle is working better.
Same happening here, unfortunately. Latest EFI with 0.9.0 OC, 13.2 works just fine, 13.3 just keeps rebooting. Made an install USB with 13.3 and that one simply dies starting up (no reboot). I'll try to get some logs later.

This EFI should work. Please disable VT-d in BIOS before trying.

Attachments

• EFI OpenCore 0.9.0 Z370G.zip
    13.4 MB · Views: 29
This EFI should work. Please disable VT-d in BIOS before trying.
I've merged changes from your latest config.plist and updated OC to 0.9.1 and was able to finally update to 13.3. Thanks a lot for your patience.

EFI updated to OpenCore 0.9.1. Should be fully Ventura 13.3 compatible.

AppleVTD stuff disabled.
Old Aquantia fixes disabled.
New CaseySJ Aquantia patches added (patch #1 enabled).

Please disable VT-d in BIOS when using this EFI.

Dear, pastrychef. I want to update the build and make a second build from the remaining components. I only need a motherboard. Tell me, is our EFI suitable for ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming? I found used MB in sale

Dear, pastrychef. I want to update the build and make a second build from the remaining components. I only need a motherboard. Tell me, is our EFI suitable for ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming? I found used MB in sale

You need to add SSDT-PMC.aml and you have to re-do the USB port mapping. But everything else should work.

You need to add SSDT-PMC.aml and you have to re-do the USB port mapping. But everything else should work.
Ok, thx) Does this mean that the z370e does not have nvram support? Although this is also a Z370 chipset.

Ok, thx) Does this mean that the z370e does not have nvram support? Although this is also a Z370 chipset.

Z390 needs SSDT-PMC.aml to get NVRAM working.

Z370 has native NVRAM working without the need for any additional SSDTs.

It unable to log in to the system after upgrading to 13.3.1.This is my efi,please check it.Thank you

It unable to log in to the system after upgrading to 13.3.1.This is my efi,please check it.Thank you

You get to login screen?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Back