Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hmm.... Try clearing NVRAM. Also, make sure you have VT-d and VT-x enabled in BIOS.
Hey @pastrychef I too am getting this error (OC: FAILED TO DROP ACPI - Image attached in post). I upgraded an ssd, so I've had to start fresh. I made a bootable installer with your latest OC efi and Monterey 12.3.1. If VT-d is disabled and clear NVRAM, I get the error and it boots into recovery constantly. If I enable VT-d (VT-x isn't available) and clear NRAM the error disappears but then I am prompted to turn on wireless keyboard and mouse which stops the install.

This happens about 20 mins into install then after first boot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG20220403232419.jpg
    11.1 MB · Views: 26
Hey @pastrychef I too am getting this error (OC: FAILED TO DROP ACPI - Image attached in post). I upgraded an ssd, so I've had to start fresh. I made a bootable installer with your latest OC efi and Monterey 12.3.1. If VT-d is disabled and clear NVRAM, I get the error and it boots into recovery constantly. If I enable VT-d (VT-x isn't available) and clear NRAM the error disappears but then I am prompted to turn on wireless keyboard and mouse which stops the install.

This happens about 20 mins into install then after first boot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It doesn't allow you to pair your keyboard and mouse?

You can try disabling:
config.plist > ACPI > Add > SSDT-DMAR.aml
config.plist > ACPI > Delete > DMAR

Hi! update to 12.3.1 went buttery smooth.
GPU performance is even higher on both cards according to Geekbench5. CPU single and multi quite on par with 12.2.1.

Still getting the OC message on boot, but I didn't try to fiddle any more with the bios; it was either no message or no Bluetooth if I recall correctly. But I am not aware of any drawback.

12.3.1_geekbench5.png12.3.1.png

If you will be running Monterey 12.1 or newer, the 6600 XT will be fine. I also upgraded to a 6600 XT last month and it has been flawless.

Yes, you will need to add the "agdpmod=pikera" boot-arg when using the 6600 XT.
Trying to get OpenCore going. Doing a fresh install on an SN750 off a thumb drive. I made it through the majority of the Monterey 12.3.1 install, everything seemed normal, but on the last reboot it got caught in a loop. Just keeps rebooting as soon as the apple logo shows. I followed dortania’s guide and used your latest OpenCore EFI and input my MAC address. I’m doing the install with the 8700k’s iGPU. Any ideas what might be the issue?

Last edited:
Trying to get OpenCore going. Doing a fresh install on an SN750 off a thumb drive. I made it through the majority of the Monetery 12.3.1 install, everything seemed normal, but on the last reboot it got caught in a loop. Just keeps rebooting as soon as the apple logo shows. I followed dortania’s guide and used your latest OpenCore EFI and input my MAC address. I’m doing the install with the 8700k’s iGPU. Any ideas what might be the issue?

Is your GTX 1070 still installed?

Please enable verbose booting by adding "-v" to boot-args and post a picture or video of the kernel panic.

I took the 1070 out before install. I also tried with the 6600 XT installed and had the same issue.

This is what I see after adding -v to the boot-args.

Is your GTX 1070 still installed?

Please enable verbose booting by adding "-v" to boot-args and post a picture or video of the kernel panic.

Attachments

• CD3A23E0-8D3B-4A12-85A5-79EDE430BD25.jpeg
    CD3A23E0-8D3B-4A12-85A5-79EDE430BD25.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 35
Enable VT-d and VT-x in BIOS.

Attachments

• F1C97EE5-71E0-4B05-8F5E-AA53F5A431C7.jpeg
    F1C97EE5-71E0-4B05-8F5E-AA53F5A431C7.jpeg
    528.9 KB · Views: 33
Back