Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Yes. I finally fixed the F1 BIOS thing.

Yes. to get rid of EFI on the OpenCore Boot Picker, disable config.plist > UEFI > Drivers > Fat.efi.
Hi, Pastrychef.

Hope you are enjoying your Mac studio.
Right now on your 0.79 OC efi, all OK.

I was to disable the "config.plist > UEFI > Drivers > Fat.efi" driver but it´s already disabled in your EFI, I never touched any thing other than customising SN, Rom, etc.
Does it make any sense to you?

EFI_fat.png

Hi, Pastrychef.

Hope you are enjoying your Mac studio.
Right now on your 0.79 OC efi, all OK.

I was to disable the "config.plist > UEFI > Drivers > Fat.efi" driver but it´s already disabled in your EFI, I never touched any thing other than customising SN, Rom, etc.
Does it make any sense to you?

View attachment 545081

My Mac Studio isn't set to arrive until early June because of custom config. :cry:

Hmm... Not sure why it's still showing... Did you clear NVRAM after making changes to config.plist?

My Mac Studio isn't set to arrive until early June because of custom config. :cry:

Hmm... Not sure why it's still showing... Did you clear NVRAM after making changes to config.plist?
Ah, I believed you already had it.

Yes, as you recommend I always try to reset NVRAM after making changes.
Strange thing is that my internal clone drive, a secondary SSD in case of main drive disaster, does not show its EFI, only the one from the main drive is displayed.

Strange thing is that my internal clone drive, a secondary SSD in case of main drive disaster, does not show its EFI, only the one from the main drive is displayed.

Wow. That's very strange. Technically, if one EFI partition shows, all should show...

Screenshot 2022-03-29 at 15.09.01.png

Hi again, I just checked my other drives contain this APPLE/FIRMWARE inside its EFI, but none of them has any OC EFI.

You can delete that. It does nothing on hackintoshes.
If they make no harm and are needed when connected to a real Mac I rather leave them. I might one day need to follow your path into the Studio realm, I always loved my Mac mini until it´s GPU power became insufficient.

If they make no harm and are needed when connected to a real Mac I rather leave them. I might one day need to follow your path into the Studio realm, I always loved my Mac mini until it´s GPU power became insufficient.

They cause no harm. That's just a firmware update for real iMac18,3s. It would do nothing on any other system.

They cause no harm. That's just a firmware update for real iMac18,3s. It would do nothing on any other system.
Ah, ok no 18,3 anymore; I´ll delete them. iMcaPro1,1 is very good to me, see my benchmarks, almost like a i9-10910:
geekbench5.png

Back