Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

yes, since I did the update I am in boot loop. also tried the opencore option, no success. my old EFI with clover 5101 still starts fine - but oh, I didn't try your own EFI, I just updated my own to clover 5126 but no success so far.
I will try to give a shot with yours

Use either Clover r5126 EFI or OpenCore 0.6.3 EFI from post #1. Do not use your old config.plist!!!

All right so it is going to work out the box from your efi even graphics and all ?

If you have your Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card set up the same way as I do, it should all just work.

What basically happens is, after updating Clover to 5126 installed VirtualSMC kext, I have 1.4.3 Lilly and Whatervgreen. I ran the the Big Sur installer. It restarted once. Then could not continue installation. I restarted and my EFI would not boot any volumes except my Windows one.
Could I just copy OpenCore files in my previously properly configured EFI ?

I don't. I use only Ethernet, still i7 8700K, HD graphics only.
Tried your OC EFI, as well, but doesn't work for me.

What didn't work? Where did it stop? Please boot in verbose mode and post a photo of where it stops.

I installed Big Sur on my wife's 5 year old iMac and she does indeed have the slider for computer sleep. Weird?

I don't know.

I installed Big Sur on my wife's 5 year old iMac and she does indeed have the slider for computer sleep. Weird?

My HackBook (Vostro 3480) only shows this:
Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 8.21.42 PM.png

Back