Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hey @pastrychef ,
Looking into switch to Opencore and Big Sur. Read your install guide. I'm basically the same as your Asus ROG Strix Z370-G build.

Just wanted to confirm I'm on the right track...I'm going to simply replace my Clover EFI with your Open Core 0.6.1 370G EFI, add the appropriate serials, MAC, etc., and reboot?

Am I rebuilding my USB patch or will my existing ssdt work?

Thanks in advance.

Just wanted to confirm I'm on the right track...I'm going to simply replace my Clover EFI with your Open Core 0.6.1 370G EFI, add the appropriate serials, MAC, etc., and reboot?

Yes.

Am I rebuilding my USB patch or will my existing ssdt work?

If you are using a custom USB configuration, I suggest you launch Hackintool and use it to create a USBPorts.kext. Then replace the one that's in my OpenCore EFI. This is much easier than redoing my config.plist for your SSDT-USBX file.

Yes.

If you are using a custom USB configuration, I suggest you launch Hackintool and use it to create a USBPorts.kext. Then replace the one that's in my OpenCore EFI. This is much easier than redoing my config.plist for your SSDT-USBX file.

Thanks! Have you noticed any performance improvements with the 5700 in the last several months?

Thanks! Have you noticed any performance improvements with the 5700 in the last several months?

I don't have any Navi cards so I wouldn't know...

Hi,
I set up everything following the guide, changing the items in the settings.plist
Everything seems to work, EXCEPT when I try to open the Security and Privacy System Preference I get an error.

The window flashes briefly, the tabs at the top (General, File Vault, Firewall , Privacy) are missing and then it quits saying: "There was an error in Security & Privacy preferences".

Any ideas?

Edit: Forgot to say that it worked at first then all in a sudden I started getting the error.

Attachments

• EFI 0.60.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 40
Hi,
I set up everything following the guide, changing the items in the settings.plist
Everything seems to work, EXCEPT when I try to open the Security and Privacy System Preference I get an error.

The window flashes briefly, the tabs at the top (General, File Vault, Firewall , Privacy) are missing and then it quits saying: "There was an error in Security & Privacy preferences".

Any ideas?

Edit: Forgot to say that it worked at first then all in a sudden I started getting the error.

Please try generating new Serial, Board Serial, and UUID. Your board serial looks weird. Also, remember to verify that your serial is "clean".

Opencore noob question...where do I get my MAC address to paste into the Plist?
Is this the Network MAC address from system preferences or something else from my old plist?

Opencore noob question...where do I get my MAC address to paste into the Plist?
Is this the Network MAC address from system preferences or something else from my old plist?

Yes, you need the MAC address of your motherboard ethernet.

You can find it by going to System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Hardware.

Yes, you need the MAC address of your motherboard ethernet.

You can find it by going to System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Hardware.
Ok got it. And in your README config plist example, it shows a data class with only numbers (11223300 0000)...

My MAC address looks something like this: 04:00:57:d9:x4:2e (I changed for example purposes)...so am simply removing the colons? e.g. 040057d9x42e ?

Please try generating new Serial, Board Serial, and UUID. Your board serial looks weird. Also, remember to verify that your serial is "clean".

Thanks!

I generated new serial and UUID.
For the board serial number I've read to use the serial number + 5 random digits. Is that not correct?
E.g. Serial C02XW0DBJ1GJ Board serial C02XW0DBJ1GJ12345

Back