Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I was wrong. I am using Clover r5114

Do you need these settings for Mojave?
1.OcQuirks-Revision 22
2.Added RadeonBoost.kext

Or is it better to upgrade to Clover r5107?

For the RX 580, it seems like you don’t need to change anything in the config or in the EFI folder?

I was wrong. I am using Clover r5114

Do you need these settings for Mojave?
1.OcQuirks-Revision 22
2.Added RadeonBoost.kext

Or is it better to upgrade to Clover r5107?

For the RX 580, it seems like you don’t need to change anything in the config or in the EFI folder?

OcQuirks is needed.
RadeonBoost is optional.

Correct. No additional configuring needed.

Hi @pastrychef
in the new version of OC 0.5.8 can you still use VegaTab_56.kext or is it replaced by RadeonBoost.kext?

I found in the final part of config.plist that there is the string 'SMBIOS' which was not there in previous versions. Here it is already precompiled with version iMac 19.1, I believe that you should use the version iMacPro1.1. If so, where can I find this info?

2020-05-06 alle 19.00.24.png

I found in the final part of config.plist that there is the string 'SMBIOS' which was not there in previous versions. Here it is already precompiled with version iMac 19.1, I believe that you should use the version iMacPro1.1. If so, where can I find this info?

View attachment 467746

My understanding is that when Automatic is set to Yes, only the properties in Generic are used.

This means, you should be able to delete the entire SMBIOS section and everything will still be fine.

My understanding is that when Automatic is set to Yes, only the properties in Generic are used.

This means, you should be able to delete the entire SMBIOS section and everything will still be fine.

OK, I use Generic and set it automatically on YES
I delete DataHub, PlatformNvram and SMBIOS

Hello PastryChef - I have been using this page for a long time now, and have just updated to Update #51. Everything seems to be working, apart from it seems to get stuck when shutting down. (The only change I made was adding agdpmod=pikera as I have a Radeon RX 5700 XT). Any ideas? Thanks. S

Hello PastryChef - I have been using this page for a long time now, and have just updated to Update #51. Everything seems to be working, apart from it seems to get stuck when shutting down. (The only change I made was adding agdpmod=pikera as I have a Radeon RX 5700 XT). Any ideas? Thanks. S

No, I haven't had any issues with shut down. Sometimes, shut down takes bit of time but it hans't failed to shut down.

No, I haven't had any issues with shut down. Sometimes, shut down takes bit of time but it hans't failed to shut down.
So I discovered that FakeSMC and VirtualSMC were both running. Removed FakeSMC and refreshed cache, and back to fine again.

Thanks

S

Back