Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi. Is it possible to get fully working hackintosh with my spec's ? - with your EFI files?

Asus ROG strix z370 F-GAMING ?
5700xt

Hi. Is it possible to get fully working hackintosh with my spec's ? - with your EFI files?

Asus ROG strix z370 F-GAMING ?
5700xt

Yes. You will have to map your USB ports on your own.

@pastrychef

Have you ever tried sidecar with an iPad on your setup? I can only get a black screen when connected :-/

@pastrychef

Have you ever tried sidecar with an iPad on your setup? I can only get a black screen when connected :-/

I don't have a Sidecar compatible iPad.

To use Sidecar, use iMac19,1 system definition with IGPU configured to be headless.

@pastrychef

I believe it can work only with sysdef iMac 19,x e not with iMacPro 1,1 . Infact with my rig, which is iMacPro 1,1 is not working properly.

I'll try that. Thanks!

But that equals new serials etc for the iMac? I used iMac Pro conf. for serials.

Just tried to change the sys def to iMac 19.1 in OC (on a USB drive) and enable the iGPU in the BIOS and use the PCIE GPU as primary. Sidecar works now!

Have you tried this one? https://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-opencore-configurator/

And is it difficult to upgrade OC if you have a working plist.config file working in version X.1_version_less?

That app is notorious for corrupting OpenCore config.plists. I would avoid it until it matures a bit more.

So far, every time I've updated OpenCore, I've pretty much had to start with a fresh config.plist because there are so many changes between versions.

Back