Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi @zzmadd - sorry I am late to this party, but I just built an FCPX machine very similar to yours, and I am having the same issues with an unstoppable memory spike after importing in FCPX.

Did you ever solve this problem?
This is the most ridiculous bug I've found.
I solved it by accidentally resetting FCPX preferences at startup of the app.
You do that pressing ALT+Command and starting up the app.

I know, but when I compare it side by side. Setting nearly the same entry. ends in kernel panic and Fault CR2 error
Follow the guide from OpenCore Vanilla Guide Coffee Lake does not work.

What's the panic? Please provide picture.

1. Put the attached file in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/.
  2. Make sure you have USBInjectAll.kext installed.
  3. Add one of the following to config.plist > Boot > Arguments:
Code:
uia_exclude=HS07;HS08;HS11;HS13;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10;USR1;USR2
or
Code:
uia_exclude=HS07;HS08;HS11;HS12;HS13;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10;USR1;USR2

I have listed two possibilities because I don't know which USB header you have your Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card connected to. One of them will give you working Bluetooth and the other won't. Obviously, use the one with working Bluetooth.
Thank you Pastrychef - now Bluetooth is working. Still no success with Apple watch unlock but i can live with it.
Greetings

Thanks to:
@pastrychef and @P1LGRIM.

Confirming at Wake on lan and power off works with google assistant and/or google nest!

Tested only with clover bootloader v5099.

Hardware:

Hackintosh
  • MoBo: AsuS Rog Strix Z370H - Gaming
  • CPU : i7 9700
  • GPU: MsI R9 380x
Phone:
  • Huawei P30PRO

Additional software needs:

Bios Settings:
Advanced mode->
  • ERP - Disabled
  • Power On by PCI-e - Enabled
  • Fast Boot - Enabled
Osx Settings:
Modified IntelMaussi.kext ( attaching @P1LGRIM 's kext. )
pmset -g to find out ->
  • womp - 1
  • networkoversleep - 1
  • check also: Settings-> Energy Saver -> Wake for Ethernet Network access

Attachments

• IntelMausi-WOL.kext.zip
    58 KB · Views: 72
Hmm... I don't know what can cause that...

As far as hackintosh configurations go, if you are using an Apple Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card, the only thing that we need to do is make sure USB is working. Other than that, there are no configurations for Bluetooth.

If you are using a non-Apple Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card, you can look to see if there has been updates to BrcmPatchRAM.
No, I'm using an Apple wifi/bt card via the M2 connector, just as in your build. And it worked perfectly before the 10.15.3 update.

No, I'm using an Apple wifi/bt card via the M2 connector, just as in your build. And it worked perfectly before the 10.15.3 update.

Yes, as I stated, if you are using an Apple Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card, there's nothing in configuration that can affect Bluetooth. As long as USB is working, Bluetooth should work.

If updating to 10.15.3 broke something in Bluetooth, I'd have to blame the 10.15.3 update...

Yes, as I stated, if you are using an Apple Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card, there's nothing in configuration that can affect Bluetooth. As long as USB is working, Bluetooth should work.

If updating to 10.15.3 broke something in Bluetooth, I'd have to blame the 10.15.3 update...
Well, the USB keyboard and mouse are working, but that may not be enough. How can I ensure that all the '15 ports' and whatever else patches are working correctly?

Well, the USB keyboard and mouse are working, but that may not be enough. How can I ensure that all the '15 ports' and whatever else patches are working correctly?

Launch IORegistryExplorer and look to see how many USB ports you have active.

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 10.39.04 AM.png

Tried a HDMI cable on the second monitor and that worked ok ( all be it with a different colour look which I need to look into ) so I might try another DP cable over the weekend.

It will be interesting to see how this machine performs with Davinci now I have a decent GFX card in it. It's nice to finally have a desktop machine that can handle multiple monitors again. :)

Oh I spoke too soon. Went to install my adobe apps and... My drive is formatted as APFS-Case sensitive and I didn't realise... So now I have to start all over again... grrrr

Back