Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Let's hope macOS driver support comes sooner rather than later.

Yup, I also waited until the Mac Pro was introduced before getting a Radeon VII.

@Gigamaxx reported different results with his 5700XT and Catalina...

Yup, I also waited until the Mac Pro was introduced before getting a Radeon VII.

@Gigamaxx reported different results with his 5700XT and Catalina...

I find it a little hard to believe, there is no ID in the small smidgen of the HWkext. The 6000HWkext was removed, it had the 5700 ID but no longer in Mojave or Catalina.

This is awesome if it can be duplicated. 0x73101002

82423A50-68A1-4DE6-AD16-581393F48D81.png

Last edited:
Damnit! I've been hit by Murphey's Law...
istockphoto-543347592-612x612.jpg

My Radeon VII freezes my system when trying to wake from sleep and never sends a video signal to my monitor. I swap in my Vega 56 or RX 560 and my system has no problems waking.

This is what the issue looks like:
Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 7.09.46 AM.png

Hi, there......sorry to ask, but, after doing a lot of research, I haven't come up with a fix for this problem.

On my Z370-A, despite the fact that I'm using Catalina with the iMacPro 19,1 SMBIOS (and everything is working just fine as long as I use one of the DisplayPort connections). Even with the latest Lilu, Whatevergreen and VirtualSMC, if I use the HDMI port on my Vega 56, I get a black screen just at the very end of bootup.

The question is: is this a framebuffer issue? Because I'm not using the iGPU (its disabled, and I'm connecting to only one monitor).

I just tested with my Vega 56 and got the exact same results as you.

Are you currently using iMac Pro 1,1 or SMBIOS iMac 18,3?
Because I took your last EFI folder, and it's 18,3. But you've recently made positive comments on your trials with iMac Pro 1,1.

Yes, I'm using iMacPro1,1.

Yes, I did not change the EFI folder and it's still using iMac18,3. This is for lowest common denominator. It keeps the EFI folder compatible with even those who use IGPU only.

If you want to use iMacPro1,1, just open your config.plist in Clover Configurator and change SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1, check the serial, save, and done.

Damnit! I've been hit by Murphey's Law...
View attachment 416617

My Radeon VII freezes my system when trying to wake from sleep and never sends a video signal to my monitor. I swap in my Vega 56 or RX 560 and my system has no problems waking.

This is what the issue looks like:
View attachment 416616

I guess they weren’t kidding about that end of life stuff?

Hi,
as I said in other thread, I'm a beginner and, after reading a lot on this forum, I decided to take action and build my first Hackintosh. Since I need to install many disks, I chose the Corsair Obsidian 1000D as the case. For the rest, I would like to reproduce the exact configuration of Pastrychef, but using a Radeon VII as a graphics card. The question is: can I use air cooling and how should I configure it?

Hi,
as I said in other thread, I'm a beginner and, after reading a lot on this forum, I decided to take action and build my first Hackintosh. Since I need to install many disks, I chose the Corsair Obsidian 1000D as the case. For the rest, I would like to reproduce the exact configuration of Pastrychef, but using a Radeon VII as a graphics card. The question is: can I use air cooling and how should I configure it?

Sure. I like air cooling over water cooling too. Stick to one of the more capable Noctua coolers and you should be fine.

Back