Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

OK, thank you for answering.
Will search the web and post in the graphics forum...

Just so you can better see what I'm talking about, here's a photo of a small text on each of my monitors.
First one is an Iiyama XB2776QS (2.5K via DP) and second one is a Dell P2217H (full HD via HDMI):

View attachment 392012
View attachment 392013

In some setup, may have issue on DP but not HDMI (or vice versa).

What I found is force the GPU render the screen at HiDPI will help.

e.g. Your monitor is 2560x1440, and you force the RX580 render the screen at 5120x2880 HiDPI. The text usually will looks sharper.

ResXtreme is an free apps can do that easily.

In some setup, may have issue on DP but not HDMI (or vice versa).

What I found is force the GPU render the screen at HiDPI will help.

e.g. Your monitor is 2560x1440, and you force the RX580 render the screen at 5120x2880 HiDPI. The text usually will looks sharper.

ResXtreme is an free apps can do that easily.

Thank you h9826790, I will try HDMI but I'm afraid it will not go higher than full HD.

I already try ResXtreme, but it does not allow me to choose 5120x2880 at 2x scale, only 5120x2880 at 1x, so everything is very small...

Do I need to enable HiDPI with this command before?
Code:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool YES

I use this rig for graphic design, so I need a display as clean as possible. if I can not find a valid solution, I will have no choice but to return the card to the seller. What a pity...

Thanks will try that. I have already tried '1' which didn't work , need to try 61.

If that doesn't work either, you can change system definition to iMacPro1,1 and disable IGPU. This should get iTunes DRM working for sure.

Thank you h9826790, I will try HDMI but I'm afraid it will not go higher than full HD.

I already try ResXtreme, but it does not allow me to choose 5120x2880 at 2x scale, only 5120x2880 at 1x, so everything is very small...

Do I need to enable HiDPI with this command before?
Code:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool YES

I use this rig for graphic design, so I need a display as clean as possible. if I can not find a valid solution, I will have no choice but to return the card to the seller. What a pity...

2560x1440 @2x not available?

If that doesn't work either, you can change system definition to iMacPro1,1 and disable IGPU. This should get iTunes DRM working for sure.
I do not think it's necessary to disable the internal video card ... just changing the system definition is enough

Sooner today I was searching the net for some info about Nvidia web drivers for the 2000 series… found a Nvidia forum. On this forum there was a guy who was very good explaining all the probs between Apple vs Nvidia… after reading a few pages… I look at the avatar … it was @pastrychef ! damn ! u are everywhere ! :D

2560x1440 @2x not available?

Nope

Hi all! One question... Someone had tried with success to configure a Matias wireless keyboard with integrated BTt or ASUS BT 400 USB dongle ??? Mine doesn't work to enter in BIOS, and neither in the BIOS... Is it necessary a BT dongle with hid proxy function or something else? Could you help me? My configuration is the same of @pastrychef

I have had the Matias wireless keyboard working fine with the M2 adapter and BCM94360CS2 in both BIOS, clover and MacOS. You need to repeatedly press the required key on boot as the keyboard needs to wake up and then pair, so make sure the BIOS has enough delay to detect the key presses The same is required with clover. However, the 2 keyboards I've had (one a replacement) are total rubbish overall.

Within about 6 weeks, the letters rub off the keys, and the battery life is terrible. Plugged in they work ok, but on battery, after a couple of weeks they start to miss key presses and have un-commanded key repeats - plug back in and the problem goes away. So much for their advertised 1 year battery life.

I gave up and went back to my old USB mac keyboard. I might consider the apple wireless keyboard at some point.

Back