Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi all! One question... Someone had tried with success to configure a Matias wireless keyboard with integrated BTt or ASUS BT 400 USB dongle ??? Mine doesn't work to enter in BIOS, and neither in the BIOS... Is it necessary a BT dongle with hid proxy function or something else? Could you help me? My configuration is the same of @pastrychef

As per forum rules, please update your profile to include your CPU, motherboard, and GPU.

I don't know what HID proxy is.

I don't know how well USB Bluetooth dongles will work prior to the operating system booting. The BIOS will need to have support for your specific dongle.

Keyboards and mice with device specific wireless dongles will obviously work for accessing BIOS.

Building your system now, thanks for your guide!

In latest UniBeast for Mojave, do you select
  • UEFI Boot Mode, or
  • Legacy Boot Mode?
Thanks

I was thinking about putting in a Vega 64 card with a custom water cooling loop like in this video (H400i and Z370-G). Any cons from your experience to water cooling a hackintosh?

Thanks very much!

Last edited:
I was thinking about putting in a Vega 64 card with a custom water cooling loop like in this video (H400i and Z370-G). Any cons from your experience to water cooling a hackintosh?

Thanks very much!

I really don't have any experience with water cooling and try to avoid it at all cost. I'm old fashioned and believe that water should be kept as far away from electronics as possible. Lol

That being said, water cooling should work the same way on a hack as it does on any PC. Just because you are running macOS should have no impact.

As per forum rules, please update your profile to include your CPU, motherboard, and GPU.

I don't know what HID proxy is.

I don't know how well USB Bluetooth dongles will work prior to the operating system booting. The BIOS will need to have support for your specific dongle.

Keyboards and mice with device specific wireless dongles will obviously work for accessing BIOS.

So, it's not bluetooth, BUT, I have had the Logitech K750 for slightly more than > 2.5 years with no issues - its' wireless, and It powers by a combination of solar power and an internal battery and I've yet to have to replace the battery. There's no cable needed to charge it.

(https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005L38VRU/?tag=tonymacx86com-20)

if you have a logitech wirelesss mouse, one USB dongle will serve both the keyboard and the mouse. I have a Kensington mouse, which I love, so I use one of these (see attached). Mouse USB dongle in one port and the logitech dongle in the other. I don't use the third port, because it's just too much for this little adapter. But with these two, it's fine and it works great.

Yes, I can get into the bios with it (as long as certain bios settings for USB are set - however, in the case of a bios upgrade, a dedicated keyboard will be needed, just for setting that USB bios parameter because that parameter is not default set that way to start, at least with Asus motherboards).

Key travel is great, letters don't wear off the keys, and there is software from logitech (just updated for Mojave).
And the price? It's around ~$50, sometimes more, sometimes less. I got mine "refurbished" for $38, and that was almost 3 years ago.

I'm not saying you should buy it, I'm not promoting it, I'm saying it's something to think about, as an option....

392786 392787

So, it's not bluetooth, BUT, I have had the Logitech K750 for slightly more than > 2.5 years with no issues - its' wireless, and It powers by a combination of solar power and an internal battery and I've yet to have to replace the battery. There's no cable needed to charge it.

(https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005L38VRU/?tag=tonymacx86com-20)

if you have a logitech wirelesss mouse, one USB dongle will serve both the keyboard and the mouse. I have a Kensington mouse, which I love, so I use one of these (see attached). Mouse USB dongle in one port and the logitech dongle in the other. I don't use the third port, because it's just too much for this little adapter. But with these two, it's fine and it works great.

Yes, I can get into the bios with it (as long as certain bios settings for USB are set - however, in the case of a bios upgrade, a dedicated keyboard will be needed, just for setting that USB bios parameter because that parameter is not default set that way to start, at least with Asus motherboards).

Key travel is great, letters don't wear off the keys, and there is software from logitech (just updated for Mojave).
And the price? It's around ~$50, sometimes more, sometimes less. I got mine "refurbished" for $38, and that was almost 3 years ago.

I'm not saying you should buy it, I'm not promoting it, I'm saying it's something to think about, as an option....

View attachment 392786 View attachment 392787

That's a cool USB hub! Would you happen to have a link for it? TIA.

@mm2margaret, just to add my 2 cents, I, too, have the Logitech 750 and 760 Mac Solar Keyboards. Work great, and, as a touch typist, I love the "feel" of the keys. Both work to get into the BIOS and in the BIOS itself.

@mm2margaret, just to add my 2 cents, I, too, have the Logitech 750 and 760 Mac Solar Keyboards. Work great, and, as a touch typist, I love the "feel" of the keys. Both work to get into the BIOS and in the BIOS itself.

It's worth noting that this keyboard (K750) works great in Windows and in my installation of Linux Mint, too.....the problem with bluetooth keyboards is often they disconnect when booting into another operating system. I've had no issues booting between Mac, Windows (Windows 10) or Linux Ubuntu and Mint.

Back