Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

This install method doesn't need MultiBeast. What are you doing with MultiBeast? Don't mix and match guides. There are too many different ways to get the same things done and they can often clash with each other.

If you are using the install method from post #1, make sure you delete any hackintosh related kexts from /Library/Extensions/.

If you are using MultiBeast, you should not use the EFI folder from post #1. You will end up with duplicate kexts in two different locations and a pretty screwed up config.plist.

Well damn.. I may have screwed up. Everything is working fine though. I am relying no your post & using your EFI setup.
1. What files should I be deleting?
2. This will hopefully be my final question: I can't seem to get Audio to work. It will come out of my Monitor but I've tried plugging my Headphones to every port available (on mobo and on case) and nothing works when selecting through all options in System Preferences/Sound.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 12.46.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 12.46.49 AM.png
    251.7 KB · Views: 77
Well damn.. I may have screwed up. Everything is working fine though. I am relying no your post & using your EFI setup.
1. What files should I be deleting?
2. This will hopefully be my final question: I can't seem to get Audio to work. It will come out of my Monitor but I've tried plugging my Headphones to every port available (on mobo and on case) and nothing works when selecting through all options in System Preferences/Sound.

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 12.46.49 AM.png

MultiBeast probably also screwed up your config.plist. Start fresh by downloading the EFI folder in post #1 again.

Read post #1. Get your serial, board serial, and UUID correct.

View attachment 342054

MultiBeast probably also screwed up your config.plist. Start fresh by downloading the EFI folder in post #1 again.

Read post #1. Get your serial, board serial, and UUID correct.

Thanks again, and yah I already refreshed my EFI with your configuration and got rid of Multibeast.

When you say Get my serial, board serial and UUID correct, your talking about audio?

Thanks again, and yah I already refreshed my EFI with your configuration and got rid of Multibeast.

When you say Get my serial, board serial and UUID correct, your talking about audio?

No. Read post #1, Post Install Tweaks. Audio should be working already.

Hi @pastrychef, firstly, thank you for your support to the community, I've successfully built my third hackintosh recently, and your tutorial has been very helpful. I have similar mobo - Strix Z370-I. I use this computer for production and it's been very stable, however:
- AppleLPC do not load using your SSDT patch, but I do not think it's crucial,
- I lost bluetooth (I use DW1560 BCM94352Z) after the 10.13.6 update. There are people on the forum that experience the same issue, but there is no solution yet.

I attach my Clover folder and IOreg file, I would be very grateful if you could take a second and maybe give me some hints how to resolve those issues. Thanks!

Thanks to @RehabMan and @gulios I found the solution. Copied BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to /L/E, repaired file system permissions, rebuilt kextcache, and BT is working. Found out after many years that it is not always good to install all kexts to Clover only. Hope it helps other.

Hi all,
I recently followed this guide and purchase the same board, a 8700 CPU (not the K) and have an RX580 8GB GPU.
I have the system working, its all running nicely (though seems to be constantly downloading, I think its iCloud / Photo Library etc)
but I have the system connected via a DisplayPort to DVI cable to my BenQ Yowie 1440P Monitor.. for the life of me I cannot get the native screen resolution.
I when I use option select in the display prefs it shows some 1600x900 but 1080P is the largest vertical resolution I can get when searching the issue some show 4K working on dual monitors but I can't get anywhere near that.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all,
I recently followed this guide and purchase the same board, a 8700 CPU (not the K) and have an RX580 8GB GPU.
I have the system working, its all running nicely (though seems to be constantly downloading, I think its iCloud / Photo Library etc)
but I have the system connected via a DisplayPort to DVI cable to my BenQ Yowie 1440P Monitor.. for the life of me I cannot get the native screen resolution.
I when I use option select in the display prefs it shows some 1600x900 but 1080P is the largest vertical resolution I can get when searching the issue some show 4K working on dual monitors but I can't get anywhere near that.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you are concerned about what's going on with your network, you can look in to an app like Hands Off!.

For your monitor resolution issue, you can try going to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and removing WhateverGreen.kext to see if it helps. Make sure you have your USB flash drive installer handy in case you need to use it to boot from.

For your monitor resolution issue, you can try going to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and removing WhateverGreen.kext
Thanks you for the very quick reply..
I have tried removing that file, issue remains, I tried connecting to another monitor and it showed the 1920x1200 display without issue..
tried that cable back into my 2k monitor and issue remains..
so the card can run higher display but not that monitor..
tried (just for the LOLs) connecting HDMI from the Hack to the 2K monitor..
*BOOM* full resolution.. sure its not 144Hz, but I'm not even sure if the Macs support higher refresh rates like that. its a video editing machine and it looks like HDMI has solved it?
I guess?
stil no idea why DisplayPort -> DVI was not working (but picked up the other monitors slightly higher resolution without issue)

So.. yay?
Thank again..

And I think my downloads are all iCloud/Photos related because this is a pretty much vanilla install and iCloud photo library will still try to grab everything if there is room (and with a blank drive there is plenty) so there's 50Gbs.

Thanks again!!

Thanks you for the very quick reply..
I have tried removing that file, issue remains, I tried connecting to another monitor and it showed the 1920x1200 display without issue..
tried that cable back into my 2k monitor and issue remains..
so the card can run higher display but not that monitor..
tried (just for the LOLs) connecting HDMI from the Hack to the 2K monitor..
*BOOM* full resolution.. sure its not 144Hz, but I'm not even sure if the Macs support higher refresh rates like that. its a video editing machine and it looks like HDMI has solved it?
I guess?
stil no idea why DisplayPort -> DVI was not working (but picked up the other monitors slightly higher resolution without issue)

So.. yay?
Thank again..

And I think my downloads are all iCloud/Photos related because this is a pretty much vanilla install and iCloud photo library will still try to grab everything if there is room (and with a blank drive there is plenty) so there's 50Gbs.

Thanks again!!
your video card is not well configured..
theoretically all ports work mostly DP and the refresh rate is given by the configuration ... amd is supported native by os x so is need small adjustments to work ... actually i do not know if on hdmi can be more than 60hz

your video card is not well configured..

Any tips on the correct config/ tweets would be most welcome :)
above 60Hz isn't an issue for me as its for Video editing, ill switch to my PC for full speed.. I just needed the pixels :)

Back