Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I've never encountered that...

You can try an alternative installation method...
  1. Take the hard drive/SSD that you intend to install macOS for your hackintosh on and connect it to your MacBook Pro.
  2. Clone your MacBook Pro's system drive to the external drive.
  3. Copy the EFI folder to the EFI partition of your external drive.
  4. Disconnect the drive from your MacBook Pro and plug it in to your hackintosh.
  5. Boot.

I've located the issue, I just can't seem to find a fix for it.
Whereas, .IABOOT files are missing. An administrated highlighted that you had to run a command in terminal:
rm -f /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra/.IAPhysicalMedia
... Which did not do anything sadly.

Thank you for posting your alt. method but I wouldn't know how to plug my SSD directly to my Macbook Pro.
I think I've located the issue, I just don't know how to solve it, regardless of the administrating mentioning the command to run in the terminal.

I wouldn't know how to plug my SSD directly to my Macbook Pro.

Something like this would work:
adaptador-cable-usb-a-sata-de-22-pines-para-disco-duro-25-notebook.jpg

Something like this would work:
View attachment 342027

Thanks, but sadly I'm not Home for a couple weeks. I do have my setup with me and my Macbook just no real form of transportation to buy anything.

Others: https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/8c5m51/cant_find_install_mac_os_from_clover/

I can see other's having this issue, but nothing is working for me sadly. Maybe it's because I'm the latest version of High Sierra? Idk. Anyways. Thank you for your help. I don't want to take up more of your time, I have found my issue I will spend some time on fixing it.

Figured out the issue!
To those of you on the latest release of mac OS High Sierra you may be missing .IABOOT & .IAPhysicalMedia files. This can be determined by heading to the "Install mac OS High Sierra" boot thumb drive and hitting "CMD + Shift + ." If this is the case, the files are missing and may be due to an outdated version of Clover.

Solving the issue: Simply head to the Clover github release page and download the latest file. I personally created a new fresh Thumb drive and used EFI Mounter to then access the file under EFI > CLOVER > CLOVERX64.efi which I then replaced by the file I grabbed on Github.

https://github.com/Dids/clover-builder/releases

Hey! I apologize for asking so many questions but I've made it to post-installation.
I somehow got the Nvidia driver to work and I had the internet functioning right from the boot (wired connection). For some reason when re-configuring an option in Clove to make Nvidia work upon restarting I lost any capability of connecting to a network.

1. How do I restore connection to a network
2. Is the built in WiFi on the mobo compatible with Mac OSX? I had to move my PC to plug in the ethernet and it's not viable for my setup.

Hey! I apologize for asking so many questions but I've made it to post-installation.
I somehow got the Nvidia driver to work and I had the internet functioning right from the boot (wired connection). For some reason when re-configuring an option in Clove to make Nvidia work upon restarting I lost any capability of connecting to a network.

1. How do I restore connection to a network
2. Is the built in WiFi on the mobo compatible with Mac OSX? I had to move my PC to plug in the ethernet and it's not viable for my setup.

I don't know what changes you made, so I don't know what the fix is... You can always replace the EFI folder with a clean one from post #1...

The included Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card is not compatible with macOS. You can, however, replace it with a compatible one. Details are in post #40.

I don't know what changes you made, so I don't know what the fix is... You can always replace the EFI folder with a clean one from post #1...

The included Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card is not compatible with macOS. You can, however, replace it with a compatible one. Details are in post #40.

Awesome thanks!

Is your method of replacing the WiFi card the only way? Is there any alternative methods with some plug-n-play cards or any more simple route I can take.

Awesome thanks!

Is your method of replacing the WiFi card the only way? Is there any alternative methods with some plug-n-play cards or any more simple route I can take.

You can use a PCI-e card... Something like:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Broadcom-B...m94360+pci&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

But, replacing the included Wi-Fi/Bluetooth works a tiny bit better. Bluetooth keyboards and mice work in BIOS, can be used to wake the computer from sleep, and there's wait for devices to work again when waking from sleep. All of those may be issues if you go with the PCI-e card solution.

You can use a PCI-e card... Something like:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Broadcom-BCM94360CD-802-11ac-1750Mbps-Desktop-PCi-E-WiFi-Adapter-Hackintosh-BT/132303186559?epid=1179343993&hash=item1ecde26a7f:g:eek:xUAAOSwNZtZ2aOg&_sacat=0&_nkw=bcm94360+pci&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

But, replacing the included Wi-Fi/Bluetooth works a tiny bit better. Bluetooth keyboards and mice work in BIOS, can be used to wake the computer from sleep, and there's wait for devices to work again when waking from sleep. All of those may be issues if you go with the PCI-e card solution.

Interesting, thank you!

I've also found my self in the stupidest loop lmao.
I copy your EFI folder, internet works but GPU doesn't wanna load the driver. I open MultiBeast and change one setting to make my GPU work, internet stops working.

This is funny lmao.

Interesting, thank you!

I've also found my self in the stupidest loop lmao.
I copy your EFI folder, internet works but GPU doesn't wanna load the driver. I open MultiBeast and change one setting to make my GPU work, internet stops working.

This is funny lmao.

This install method doesn't need MultiBeast. What are you doing with MultiBeast? Don't mix and match guides. There are too many different ways to get the same things done and they can often clash with each other.

If you are using the install method from post #1, make sure you delete any hackintosh related kexts from /Library/Extensions/.

If you are using MultiBeast, you should not use the EFI folder from post #1. You will end up with duplicate kexts in two different locations and a pretty screwed up config.plist.

Back