Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Confirmation from RehabMan that the 15 port limit is "per USB controller".

So, no, the USB 3.1 gen 2 ports should NOT be included in the SSDT.

Back to the USB-C ports topic, I read through this post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...c-pro-successful-build-extended-guide.229353/ . According to its section E.9.2.6, a MB SSDT having ASMedia controller PCI implementation seems to be better to use the USB-C ports.

BTW, I removed USR1/2 in your SSDT-USB and got two more ports back. Not sure what they are but seem not critically useful.

Hi, our motherboards are similar but for some reason I am having trouble with onboard audio (macOS won't detect it, but it works on Windows). I was wondering if you know what's the problem, the investigation (from here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-audio-devices-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.143752/#post886726) resulted in "OS X audio is not possible".

In Clover Configuration, check if you have "Rename HDAS to HDEF" patch in Acpi and Inject Audio = 1. Copy the latest version of AppleALC.text into EFI/CLover/kexts/Other. That's all you need.

In Clover Configuration, check if you have "Rename HDAS to HDEF" patch in Acpi and Inject Audio = 1. Copy the latest version of AppleALC.text into EFI/CLover/kexts/Other. That's all you need.
Doesn't seem to work for me. My AppleHDA is patched by MultiBeast though, I'm not sure if it's interrupting.

Hi, pastrychef,

Quick question: I followed the Tut for the tutorial correctly, everything works fine but the Bluetooth.

In the SSDT_USB.aml, i stated that port HS14 is internal (Bluetooth port), however, when i reboot, it shows up as USB connector= 0x3 which is USB 3 ... why is that?

I did exclude all the other unused ports, and I'm well within the 15 port limit, i have 12.

The Bluetooth card I'm using is BCM943602CS via PCI-e adapter. WiFi works great, the Bluetooth doesn't show up at all, but USB recognizes USB Bluetooth controller connected.

Enabling or disabling iGPU does not enable Nvidia CUDA hardware acceleration. Tried shiki bit 2 as well, with VDADecoderChecker, QuickTime, IINA and Adobe Media Encoder (CUDA and Metal).

From what I've read around, iGPU has to be on, so I suspect macOS now can only use Intel QSV to do hardware decoding/encoding, at least not working with Nvidia, especially Apple has not plan to support Nvidia. Not sure about Radeon. Maybe you can try it if interested.

If you want Quick Sync, then, yes, IGPU has to be enabled. I have shikigva=60 in my EFI folders, which pretty much enables everything.

VDADecoderChecker showed supported when I had my GTX 1080 and with my current Vega 56.
QuickTime and IINA both work fine with HECV. I tested with my GTX 1080 and with my current Vega 56.

Cuda is a different issue. Cuda has nothing to do with IGPU. Only a handful of specific apps use Cuda. Make sure Cuda is selected in the preferences of the apps you use.

Back to the USB-C ports topic, I read through this post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...c-pro-successful-build-extended-guide.229353/ . According to its section E.9.2.6, a MB SSDT having ASMedia controller PCI implementation seems to be better to use the USB-C ports.

BTW, I removed USR1/2 in your SSDT-USB and got two more ports back. Not sure what they are but seem not critically useful.

Use instructions from that guide at your own risk. I can't help with questions if you use those directions. I have never tried most of the stuff he's doing over there and much of it doesn't seem relevant to anything but X299.

The USB 3.1 gen 2 ports are controlled by the ASMedia controller and is not affected by USBInjectAll.kext or the SSDT. They work OOB. Support is provided by macOS natively. I never had to do anything extra to make them work.

You can just use uia_exclude= to disable the USR1 and USR2. That's why I used the uia_exclude= method, because it's so much easier to make changes without having to redo the SSDT.

Since you are using a different motherboard, you should make your own SSDT.

Hi, our motherboards are similar but for some reason I am having trouble with onboard audio (macOS won't detect it, but it works on Windows). I was wondering if you know what's the problem, the investigation (from here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-audio-devices-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.143752/#post886726) resulted in "OS X audio is not possible".

Get yourself a clean copy of AppleHDA. Seems like you've tried a lot of stuff and I don't know if AppleHDA had been changed.

The way I got audio working was simple:
  1. Rename HDAS to HDEF in config.plist.
  2. Inject Audio id = 1 in config.plist
  3. Install Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext.

Alternatively, you can just replace your entire EFI folder with one mine from post #1. Delete whatever hackintosh kexts you have in /Library/Extensions/ if you use one of my EFI folders. The AppleHDA still has to be clean for audio to work.

Hi, pastrychef,

Quick question: I followed the Tut for the tutorial correctly, everything works fine but the Bluetooth.

In the SSDT_USB.aml, i stated that port HS14 is internal (Bluetooth port), however, when i reboot, it shows up as USB connector= 0x3 which is USB 3 ... why is that?

I did exclude all the other unused ports, and I'm well within the 15 port limit, I have 12.

The Bluetooth card I'm using is BCM943602CS via PCI-e adapter. WiFi works great, the Bluetooth doesn't show up at all, but USB recognizes USB Bluetooth controller connected.

Your motherboard is different than mine. That means you can't use my SSDT-USB.aml file. You have to create your own.

If the USB port that your Bluetooth is using is HS14, you should set it to connector type 255 in your SSDT-USB.dsl. All the ports from internal USB headers should be set to 255.. The only ports from internal USB headers that I set to 3 were the ones that connect to my computer chassis' front USB ports.

Your motherboard is different than mine. That means you can't use my SSDT-USB.aml file. You have to create your own.

If the USB port that your Bluetooth is using is HS14, you should set it to connector type 255 in your SSDT-USB.dsl. All the ports from internal USB headers should be set to 255.. The only ports from internal USB headers that I set to 3 were the ones that connect to my computer chassis' front USB ports.
yes that what i did, i created my own, and i did set port HC14 to 255. funny enough on system report shows up as internal but IOReg shows it up as connector 0x3

yes that what i did, i created my own, and i did set port HC14 to 255. funny enough on system report shows up as internal but IOReg shows it up as connector 0x3

Yes. I don't know why IORegistryExplorer shows 3. It shows 3 for me too. Here's what System Information looks like for me.
Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 6.52.05 AM.png

Get yourself a clean copy of AppleHDA. Seems like you've tried a lot of stuff and I don't know if AppleHDA had been changed.

The way I got audio working was simple:
  1. Rename HDAS to HDEF in config.plist.
  2. Inject Audio id = 1 in config.plist
  3. Install Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext.

Alternatively, you can just replace your entire EFI folder with one mine from post #1. Delete whatever hackintosh kexts you have in /Library/Extensions/ if you use one of my EFI folders. The AppleHDA still has to be clean for audio to work.

Oh, I was missing Lilu.kext. Deleted everything related to previous fixes, repaired permissions, rebuilt cache, added Lilu.kext, rebooted. Works now, thanks!

Back