Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi Pastrychef,

It was nice coincidence when I first bought a similar computer monitor as you did (about half a year ago), and now I accidentally found this forum when I was struggle with sleep mode issue and I noticed that you have the same computer components as what I also bought some time ago.
the only difference is that I only have 16GB, because the memory is so expensive so far. so I look forward to lowering prices sometime.
This is definitely the best computer assembly I've ever had with in hackintosh. Everything works great!

I resolved sleep mode issue when deactive AutoPowerOff ’sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0’ and with your USB fix helped for me! And finally set OFF Power Nap from Energy Saver.

Question; Have you calibrated AOC with any program? if so, can you recommend a good apps?

Thanks to the GREAT forum and the CLEAR instructions you have made!

Good day!

Hi Pastrychef,

It was nice coincidence when I first bought a similar computer monitor as you did (about half a year ago), and now I accidentally found this forum when I was struggle with sleep mode issue and I noticed that you have the same computer components as what I also bought some time ago.
the only difference is that I only have 16GB, because the memory is so expensive so far. so I look forward to lowering prices sometime.
This is definitely the best computer assembly I've ever had with in hackintosh. Everything works great!

I resolved sleep mode issue when deactive AutoPowerOff ’sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0’ and with your USB fix helped for me! And finally set OFF Power Nap from Energy Saver.

Question; Have you calibrated AOC with any program? if so, can you recommend a good apps?

Thanks to the GREAT forum and the CLEAR instructions you have made!

Good day!

Hi.

No, I've never done any real calibrating. I only used the Displays preference pane to set up a profile.

I think for best calibration, hardware devices such as Datacolor Spyder is necessary. There are also less expensive alternatives that are supposed to do the same thing. I, personally, just don't do enough serious graphics work to justify paying for one of these calibration devices.

Ooh, I forgot to mention that I had changed original gpu cooler VEGA64 (it's like an airplane most of the time even at windows 10 heavy load) with MORPHEUS II CORE EDITION and hook up two Corsair LL120 fans to mobo and allowing you to control fan speeds yourself with Slice latest HWMonitor plugins.
The temperatures surprised how cool they are even under heavy load! Only 39-55 celsius.
I can highly recommend!

http://www.raijintek.com/en/products_detail.php?ProductID=46

Attachments

• Näyttökuva 2018-3-22 kello 14.09.37.png
    Näyttökuva 2018-3-22 kello 14.09.37.png
    700.6 KB · Views: 168
  • Näyttökuva 2018-3-22 kello 14.10.01.png
    Näyttökuva 2018-3-22 kello 14.10.01.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 161
Hi.

No, I've never done any real calibrating. I only used the Displays preference pane to set up a profile.

I think for best calibration, hardware devices such as Datacolor Spyder is necessary. There are also less expensive alternatives that are supposed to do the same thing. I, personally, just don't do enough serious graphics work to justify paying for one of these calibration devices.
Thanks for the tip!
:thumbup:

Ooh, I forgot to mention that I had changed original gpu cooler VEGA64 (it's like an airplane most of the time even at windows 10 heavy load) with MORPHEUS II CORE EDITION and hook up two Corsair LL120 fans to mobo and allowing you to control fan speeds yourself with Slice latest HWMonitor plugins.
The temperatures surprised how cool they are even under heavy load! Only 39-55 celsius.
I can highly recommend!

http://www.raijintek.com/en/products_detail.php?ProductID=46

Yes, I watched a video of someone using this cooler. It looks really good but, unfortunately, it would take up 3 PCI-e slots and I need the second PCI-e x16 slot.

It was because of the TDP and heat that I decided to go with a Vega 56 rather than Vega 64. If I had to go with a Vega 64, I would probably need a liquid cooled model...

Yes, I watched a video of someone using this cooler. It looks really good but, unfortunately, it would take up 3 PCI-e slots and I need the second PCI-e x16 slot.

It was because of the TDP and heat that I decided to go with a Vega 56 rather than Vega 64. If I had to go with a Vega 64, I would probably need a liquid cooled model...
Yeah, you are absolutely right about Pci-e lanes.Morpheus is a bad option if you need more slot!

Does DPCIManager see the USB card?
Windows may need drivers to be installed.
Depending on USB controller on the card, there may or may not be Mac drivers.
Have you tried different PCI-e slots?

Hi Pastry thanks so much for the quick reply!
- I have installed the drivers they suggest on their website and no luck. the card [and the two that i tried before which were supposed to be just for mac pro's, but recommended by tonymac forums] is not even detected in device manager on either os.
- Also the card claims to have support for the latest windows and mac OSes [which was why i ponied up the 100$ CDN for this one, the others were intended to work with OSX only.
- Although i can see there is power running to devices when plugged in, i will try another slot today

So just to clarify, you don't think any of the bios settings suggested by your tutorial should mess with the mobo's ability to detect a PCIE USB hub?

Hi Pastry thanks so much for the quick reply!
- I have installed the drivers they suggest on their website and no luck. the card [and the two that i tried before which were supposed to be just for mac pro's, but recommended by tonymac forums] is not even detected in device manager on either os.
- Also the card claims to have support for the latest windows and mac OSes [which was why i ponied up the 100$ CDN for this one, the others were intended to work with OSX only.
- Although i can see there is power running to devices when plugged in, i will try another slot today

So just to clarify, you don't think any of the bios settings suggested by your tutorial should mess with the mobo's ability to detect a PCIE USB hub?

I don't know if USBInjectAll.kext will affect 3rd party USB cards. I've never tried.

Nothing in BIOS should affect the USB card.

I don't know if USBInjectAll.kext will affect 3rd party USB cards. I've never tried...
I believe you're right. BTW, have you read anything about Apple doing away with the 15 port limit?

I believe you're right. BTW, have you read anything about Apple doing away with the 15 port limit?

I think I saw mention of it once but have not seen any mention of it again.

Back