Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi, @pastrychef, Thanks for your advice!

Here I found a new approach......I install the NvWebDrive under single graphic card model and use your EFI for Nvidia.

I found out that if I install both my graphic cards to mobo then I am able to enter the system with only 1 monitor connect to either of two cards.
After I could see the login screen, I could connect my other 2 monitors(3 monitors in total) to graphic card and all screen worked as expected.

If multiple monitors connect with graphic card, 2 out of my 3 test monitors will lost signal and the one else will stays dark(Since monitor with clover loses signal so i am not able to check the detail)

Any suggestions for this condition?

Thanks again!

Is your IGPU enabled?
Are all your monitors using DisplayPort?

Here are two possible solutions:
[SOLVED] Black screen with Dual Monitor connected | tonymacx86.com
Dual Monitors not Working in High Sierra | Page 2 | tonymacx86.com
[SOLVED] Can't boot with dual monitor setup on GTX970 | Page 3 | tonymacx86.com

@pastrychef

I wish to thank you for the efforts you put in this thread and the experiences you share with us.
I've managed to transfer my build from a Intel Z87 (Intel 4770K) to my actual Intel 8700K (ASUS Maximus X Hero Wifi-AC Z370) build without reinstalling MacOS from scratch. I'm using your EFI-Folder vor NVidia cards. Your EFI-folder and config.plist is compatible to the HERO mainboard. With Carbon Copy Cloner I've managed to transfer the installation from a SATA-SSD to a SAMSUNG 960 pro M2 SSD. Everything seems to work flawlessly.

@pastrychef

I wish to thank you for the efforts you put in this thread and the experiences you share with us.
I've managed to transfer my build from a Intel Z87 (Intel 4770K) to my actual Intel 8700K (ASUS Maximus X Hero Wifi-AC Z370) build without reinstalling MacOS from scratch. I'm using your EFI-Folder vor NVidia cards. Your EFI-folder and config.plist is compatible to the HERO mainboard. With Carbon Copy Cloner I've managed to transfer the installation from a SATA-SSD to a SAMSUNG 960 pro M2 SSD. Everything seems to work flawlessly.

That's great! I also did the same. I transferred my entire SSD from my previous build to this one and just made some changes to my EFI folder. :thumbup:

Depending on how you did your installation on your Z87 build, you may want to check your /Library/Extensions/ folder to see if you have any old hackintosh kexts left over. With my installation method, you should only have CodecCommander.kext and the stock kexts installed by macOS.

Other than having to make your own SSDT-USB.aml, everything should work fine with your motherboard.

Okay. I tried out the iMacPro1,1 system definition. Here are my observations so far:

• My EFI folder boots fine with iMacPro1,1 set in config.plist with no other changes needed.
  • Once you change SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1, it will ONLY boot macOS builds meant for iMac Pros.
  • Leaving IGPU enabled works and is detected by MacX Video Converter.
  • Everything works pretty much the same as when using iMac18,3 system definition.
  • As far as I can tell there's absolutely no difference in performance whether you use iMac18,3 or iMacPro1,1.
  • The fan on my Vega 56 is still running higher than it should.
  • RadeonDeInit and WhateverGreen.kext are not needed if using SSDT-Vega-56-FBName-Iriri.
  • With SSDT-Vega56-FBName-Iriri.aml installed, the video card is shown in System Information's PCI section.
  • Sleep/wake works fine.
  • System Information's Power section looks different. Auto power off is no longer there.
  • FCPX stabilization with Vega works.

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 7.33.46 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 7.44.18 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 7.44.29 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 8.22.09 PM.png

Last edited:
So I got the WiFi card and it was working fine for a few days now it keeps knocking me from my 2.4 to my 5 network idk why any advice ?

So I got the WiFi card and it was working fine for a few days now it keeps knocking me from my 2.4 to my 5 network idk why any advice ?

If you don't want it to connect your 5GHz network, delete it from Preferred Networks or drag it lower in the list.
  1. Go to Network system preference.
  2. Select Wi-Fi.
  3. Click advanced.
  4. Delete your 5GHz network or drag it lower in the list.

It’s weird now my digital tablet is acting up man this was going good for a while now it’s buggin out

It’s weird now my digital tablet is acting up man this was going good for a while now it’s buggin out

How is the tablet acting up? How is it bugging out? If things were working fine, there had to have been a change cause things to not work right anymore. If there was no change in software and/or settings, then it has to be hardware.

If you don't want it to connect your 5GHz network, delete it from Preferred Networks or drag it lower in the list.
  1. Go to Network system preference.
  2. Select Wi-Fi.
  3. Click advanced.
  4. Delete your 5GHz network or drag it lower in the list.
It’s that non of the connection stay connected I also can’t update the last update that prevents things from crashing idk if that got anything to do with it...but allot of things acting up

It’s that non of the connection stay connected I also can’t update the last update that prevents things from crashing idk if that got anything to do with it...but allot of things acting up

I don't know where your problems lie. Hard to diagnose "acting up". I can tell you that I've gone through every update without issues.

Back