Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Thanks for your help

I really can't see anything wrong...

Please try this USBPorts.kext. It has your port configuration.

Also, please try resetting NVRAM at the OpenCore boot menu.

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 65
I really can't see anything wrong...

Please try this USBPorts.kext. It has your port configuration.

Also, please try resetting NVRAM at the OpenCore boot menu.

OK OpenCore 0.5.9 works :clap:
the problem was in the BIOS, I updated directly from the BIOS to version 2201, I applied the settings and overclocked the CPU.
Now that works a wonder.
Thank you so much @pastrychef for your patience.

Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 2.56.49 PM.png

Can't seem to get my BRCM 4360CD to work.
Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 2.57.19 PM.png

The third one from the bottom.

Missing anything?

What's not working? Wi-Fi? Bluetooth? Both?

Is it on a PCI-e adaptor or M.2 adaptor? Where is the Bluetooth connected?
PCI-e. But there a USB connector (seems like it only consumes 2 pins) connected to the mobo via USB2 pin port as well.

WIFI works out of the box. Bluetooth no.

PCI-e. But there a USB connector (seems like it only consumes 2 pins) connected to the mobo via USB2 pin port as well.

WIFI works out of the box. Bluetooth no.

The USBPorts kext is configured for Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card to be connected to the M.2 slot. You need to change the USBPorts kext to use the motherboard USB2 header instead. Let me know if you are using USB1112 or USB 1314 and I can make the change for you.

The cable coming from the PCI-e adaptor should only have two cables D+ and D-. Power is provided by the PCI-e slot.

USBPorts kext is configured for Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card to be connected to the M.2 slot. You need to change the USBPorts kext to use the motherboard USB

Using this. On it! Utilising 1314.

Just saying, M.2_1 is an NVMe SSD, M.2_2 is empty.

Do you have any recommendations for good thermals in the Vega 56? Keeps idling at high 60 - 76 ish

That's fine. Where do you have the USB cable connected? Which motherboard header?
Have updated that reply! Thanks a million! Maybe we should tag this conversation in OP?

Back