Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

@pastrychef hey, i cannot update clover for some reason: says cannot install without ensuring the file system is read-write. I have 5103 and thought i'd update clover before installing 15.5 update Catalina. I tried in recovery mode to csrutil disable, which it did but still am unable to update clover.

Any ideas ?
Thanks!

@pastrychef hey, i cannot update clover for some reason: says cannot install without ensuring the file system is read-write. I have 5103 and thought i'd update clover before installing 15.5 update Catalina. I tried in recovery mode to csrutil disable, which it did but still am unable to update clover.

Any ideas ?
Thanks!

Please try using Hackintool.
Click on the Utilities tab.
Click on the "Disable Gatekeeper and mount the disk in read/write mode" button towards the bottom of the window.

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 12.16.09 PM.png

Please try using Hackintool.
Click on the Utilities tab.
Click on the "Disable Gatekeeper and mount the disk in read/write mode" button towards the bottom of the window.

View attachment 473829

No luck, Hackintool says to that:
spctl --master-disable
mount -uw /
mount_apfs: volume could not be mounted: Operation not permitted
mount: / failed with 77
killall Finder

No luck, Hackintool says to that:
spctl --master-disable
mount -uw /
mount_apfs: volume could not be mounted: Operation not permitted
mount: / failed with 77
killall Finder

Disable SIP in config.plist.

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 12.42.44 PM.png

Or, save yourself a lot of headache and just get the BOOTX64.efi and CLOVERX64.efi files from my EFI folders in post #1 and replace the ones in your current EFI folder.

BTW @pastrychef, do you know why there are 2 identical .efi boot files (although with a different name) in different places in the EFI folder?

Which files? Please list subdirectories.

I was talking about EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi and EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi...

Oh!! Lol

My understanding is...
BOOTX64.efi is what BIOS looks for when set to UEFI boot.
BOOTX64.efi tells the system to load the Clover bootloader, CLOVERX64.efi.

But they are identical! Or At least, they have the same size...

I've never taken the time ti analyze them and I'm not qualified to answer.

Please try addressing this question to the devs:

Back