Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Sorry. I don't understand what you mean by "USB factory"...

No, I don't have problems updating.
How do you fix usb?
By my method or another?

How do you fix usb?
By my method or another?

I do not understand. Is my method better or worse? (Mojave). And I do not plan to switch to Catalina

I do not understand. Is my method better or worse? (Mojave). And I do not plan to switch to Catalina

There's no better or worse. Just use whichever method you like.

Hi @pastrychef
I use OpenCore and I'm fine, I currently have your previous version 0.5.7 Z370G with updated kexts and it's ok, I had tried the new version of OC 0.5.8, it took a very long time to start (apple for more than 20 minutes) and upon completion it caused a total freeze of Bluetooth and all USB ports.
Then keyboard (K760 Solar) and mouse (MX Anywhere 2S) completely unusable. It had already happened to me with the OC 0.5.5 version.
I have 2 emergency USB sticks with Clover and OC but nothing to do, after reboot USB and Bluetooth are dead. So I have my nice Mac turned on but I can not do anything, plus I can not create a report with the system in that state.
Only a clean installation solves everything. Pain.
When you publish a new version of OC for our system ... I'm so afraid to test ..

Hi @pastrychef
I use OpenCore and I'm fine, I currently have your previous version 0.5.7 Z370G with updated kexts and it's ok, I had tried the new version of OC 0.5.8, it took a very long time to start (apple for more than 20 minutes) and upon completion it caused a total freeze of Bluetooth and all USB ports.
Then keyboard (K760 Solar) and mouse (MX Anywhere 2S) completely unusable. It had already happened to me with the OC 0.5.5 version.
I have 2 emergency USB sticks with Clover and OC but nothing to do, after reboot USB and Bluetooth are dead. So I have my nice Mac turned on but I can not do anything, plus I can not create a report with the system in that state.
Only a clean installation solves everything. Pain.
When you publish a new version of OC for our system ... I'm so afraid to test ..

Hmm... I don't know why you have USB problems... Maybe I'll switch to USBPorts.kext for 0.5.9.

I was messing around and tested FakeSMC with OpenCore. Yes, it works (even works with FileVault) and I get back GPU sensors!

Using Hackintool is probably the easiest way to do it now.

1. Make sure all your USB ports are enabled.
  2. Launch Hackintool.
  3. Click on the USB tab.
  4. Plug and unplug a USB 2 device to each and every USB port on your computer.
  5. Plug and unplug a USB 3 device to each and every USB port on your computer.
  6. All the ports that you activated should now be in green (teal?).
  7. Right-click on all the white lines and delete them.
  8. Count how many ports are remaining. If it is 15 or less, you are good. If it is over 15, you will have to choose some ports to delete until you are down to 15 or less.
  9. Click on the button to generate your USB files.
  10. Decide if you want to use the SSDT or the kext and install it to your EFI folder.
  11. Done.

USB 3 ports will count as two.

Edit:
Updated directions 07-29-19. Thanks to Stork.
Hey. If I start USB but add USB Port Limit Patches.
I added 17 ports to kext or should there always be 15 ports? Now everything works, but ...

Hey. If I start USB but add USB Port Limit Patches.
I added 17 ports to kext or should there always be 15 ports? Now everything works, but ...

It has to be 15 ports or less.

Back