Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hello. Updated to latest version and I now have a “IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3“ error. Strangely boots fine from USB key. Any ideas? Thanks. S
PS signature is wrong. I have a AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT. Not sure why it doesn’t say that.

Graphics error. Please try deleting RadeonBoost.kext from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

Hi @pastrychef

I'm using BCM94360CS2, and I can not use my Apple Watch to unlock my Mac (but approve by watch works).
The Bluetooth works fine for my machine, and my USB fix does not affect to it
uia_exclude=HS08;HS09;HS10;HS14;HS12;HS13;USR1;SS08;SS09;SS10;USR2

Do you have any suggestion where I can start debugging?

View attachment 472187
I have exactly same problem. Worked fine in Mojave, but stopped in Catalina.

Using Hackintool is probably the easiest way to do it now.

1. Make sure all your USB ports are enabled.
  2. Launch Hackintool.
  3. Click on the USB tab.
  4. Plug and unplug a USB 2 device to each and every USB port on your computer.
  5. Plug and unplug a USB 3 device to each and every USB port on your computer.
  6. All the ports that you activated should now be in green (teal?).
  7. Right-click on all the white lines and delete them.
  8. Count how many ports are remaining. If it is 15 or less, you are good. If it is over 15, you will have to choose some ports to delete until you are down to 15 or less.
  9. Click on the button to generate your USB files.
  10. Decide if you want to use the SSDT or the kext and install it to your EFI folder.
  11. Done.

USB 3 ports will count as two.

Edit:
Updated directions 07-29-19. Thanks to Stork.

I left 15 ports.

- 10 ports on the back. (+ 2 lines of USB3)
- 1 port M2 USB2
- 4 ports on the front panel (but deleted the 2 USB3 line)
Thus, 2 ports of USB2 + 2 ports of USB3 but without 2 lines.

Only 15. But there are 17 ports on the screen. 2 more ports of USB3.1

2 questions

1. If you remove 2 lines of USB3, will the ports work at a lower speed? Or is it wrong and you need to add 2 lines of USB3?

2. 15 ports should be together with 2 ports of USB3.1 or can they be excluded from the total number of 15 ports?

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2020-05-30 в 05.18.17.png
    Снимок экрана 2020-05-30 в 05.18.17.png
    287.1 KB · Views: 54
I left 15 ports.

- 10 ports on the back. (+ 2 lines of USB3)
- 1 port M2 USB2
- 4 ports on the front panel (but deleted the 2 USB3 line)
Thus, 2 ports of USB2 + 2 ports of USB3 but without 2 lines.

Only 15. But there are 17 ports on the screen. 2 more ports of USB3.1

2 questions

1. If you remove 2 lines of USB3, will the ports work at a lower speed? Or is it wrong and you need to add 2 lines of USB3?

2. 15 ports should be together with 2 ports of USB3.1 or can they be excluded from the total number of 15 ports?

1. Yes, you can use the USB3 ports as just USB2 ports by disabling the USB3 portion.

2. No. Do not count the PXSX ports. They are not counted towards the 15 port limit. Only the XHC ports need to be kept to 15 or less.

1. Yes, you can use the USB3 ports as just USB2 ports by disabling the USB3 portion.

2. No. Do not count the PXSX ports. They are not counted towards the 15 port limit. Only the XHC ports need to be kept to 15 or less.

There are many options for USB factory.
Which option do you use?
Do you have problems updating and switching to another system?

There are many options for USB factory.
Which option do you use?
Do you have problems updating and switching to another system?

Sorry. I don't understand what you mean by "USB factory"...

No, I don't have problems updating.

And I did not understand this part of the instruction.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
One great thing about this motherboard is that you can just disable four of the five (fifth is the USB2 port wired to the internal M.2 slot for Wi-Fi / Bluetooth card) internal USB2 ports and be at exactly 15 ports. This leaves the 4th USB2 for Bluetooth.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
After my manipulations, does this make sense?

And I did not understand this part of the instruction.
One great thing about this motherboard is that you can just disable four of the five (fifth is the USB2 port wired to the internal M.2 slot for Wi-Fi / Bluetooth card) internal USB2 ports and be at exactly 15 ports. This leaves the 4th USB2 for Bluetooth.
After my manipulations, does this make sense?

All external ports + internal USB3 header + 1 internal USB2 port.

Back