Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Mojave Install issues

I have the same build as Pastry but with an i7-8700K and RX 580 GPU. I've been running flawlessly on Sierra for a couple of years and have tried to upgrade to Mojave with no success. I get stuck at the "resources not found" screen about 5 minutes and one reboot into the install. I've gone through every solution I've been able to find online, removing all drives, installing to a non M.2 drive, upgrading from Sierra, clean install, using Terminal to copy files, startosininstall command, etc. I've tried 10.14.1 and also 10.14.6 Mojave installs, too. I have the latest Clover, and I've also used Pastry's Unified Mojave EFI from page 1 of the thread. Al to no avail. Has anyone had similar issues or found solutions? I'm totally stuck. :(

Mojave Install issues

I have the same build as Pastry but with an 8700K and RX580 GPU. I've been running flawlessly on Sierra for a couple of years and have tried to upgrade to Mojave with no success. I get stuck at the "resources not found" screen about 5 minutes and one reboot into the install. I've gone through every solution I've been able to find online, removing all drives, installing to a non M2 drive, upgrading from Sierra, clean install, using terminal to copy files, startosininstall command etc. I've tried 10.14.1 and also 10.14.6 Mojave installs too, I have the latest Clover and I've also used Pastry's Unified Mojave EFI from page 1 of the thread, all to no avail. Has anyone had similar issues or found solutions, I'm totally stuck :(

Please boot in verbose mode and post a picture of where it gets stuck.

Changed to OpenCore today, with pastrychefs EFI folder. Just changed the values in the plist as per instruction, works very well.

Only one minor thing, before I had Hyper-Threading off on my i7-8700K due random crashes. According to OpenCore instructions it should be on, and now it works for normal usage. But if I start Cinebench or Geekbeench MacOS freezes, some kind of Kernel Panic with the processor is reported. Anyone know if there is any other setting in BIOS or OC that could be causing HyperThreading to cause problems?
My processor is i7-8700K [email protected].

Changed to OpenCore today, with pastrychefs EFI folder. Just changed the values in the plist as per instruction, works very well.

Only one minor thing, before I had Hyper-Threading off on my i7-8700K due random crashes. According to OpenCore instructions it should be on, and now it works for normal usage. But if I start Cinebench or Geekbeench MacOS freezes, some kind of Kernel Panic with the processor is reported. Anyone know if there is any other setting in BIOS or OC that could be causing HyperThreading to cause problems?
My processor is i7-8700K [email protected].

Test with overclock disabled.

Thanks, that solved the problem. Thought I was safe since the OC was stable in Windows 10.

When overclocking, you have to do a lot of stability testing.

Please boot in verbose mode and post a picture of where it gets stuck.
Thanks Pastry, when I boot to clover I select "install from MacHD" in the available drives. It clears all the verbose text and then get stuck on the attached screen. I've done a pretty deep dive on this error and tried disconnecting all drives and copying the installer resources with Terminal (my terminal skills are basic at best). It's odd that lots of people have had easy installs of Mojave out there. I get the same error when I do a clean install so thought I would try an upgrade from Sierra, no joy.

Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_7818.JPG
    IMG_7818.JPG
    636.2 KB · Views: 42
Thanks Pastry, when I boot to clover I select "install from MacHD" in the available drives. It clears all the verbose text and then get stuck on the attached screen. I've done a pretty deep dive on this error and tried disconnecting all drives and copying the installer resources with Terminal (my terminal skills are basic at best). It's odd that lots of people have had easy installs of Mojave out there. I get the same error when I do a clean install so thought I would try an upgrade from Sierra, no joy.

Thanks again for your help.

Please try with Clover Unified EFI r5.1.7 or r5.1.6.

Back