Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I just tried an older version of your efi folder EFI Unified r5.1.2 (Mojave_Catalina PB)
And finally booted! all seems to be ok, just some random disconnects from my magic trackpad. But so far so good.
Really weird! I was running very well last night with your latest EFI, then the security updated, then all hell broke loose,
And now with this old EFI all seems to be working ok.

Maybe I need to go to a clean Catalina install and the latest EFI? I'm kind of scared of updates now

I just tried an older version of your efi folder EFI Unified r5.1.2 (Mojave_Catalina PB)
And finally booted! all seems to be ok, just some random disconnects from my magic trackpad. But so far so good.
Really weird! I was running very well last night with your latest EFI, then the security updated, then all hell broke loose,
And now with this old EFI all seems to be working ok.

Maybe I need to go to a clean Catalina install and the latest EFI? I'm kind of scared of updates now

That's weird... Which version of macOS are you running?

When I updated to 10.14.6 I had to update the EFI folder in order to boot, and the security update screwed all,

Attachments

• Captura 2020-04-16 a la(s) 17.56.48.png
    Captura 2020-04-16 a la(s) 17.56.48.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 59
When I updated to 10.14.6 I had to update the EFI folder in order to boot, and the security update screwed all,

Ah... Mojave... I hadn't tested that. I wonder what changed...

Super weird, but at least and running now, thank you very much for all your help and time. You're awesome!

@pastrychef

Could I download your Opencore folder, replace the Clover folder with it in the EFI folder, and add my own mac address as you describe in your "read me" file and reboot ? Would life be that simple? :) Thanks!

@pastrychef

Could I download your Opencore folder, replace the Clover folder with it in the EFI folder, and add my own mac address as you describe in your "read me" file and reboot ? Would life be that simple? :) Thanks!

Yes, that's all you have to do. Remember to copy/paste your Serial, Board Serial, and UUID too.

Is there a guide on that somewhere? :thumbdown Just so I don't screw things up unnecessary.

Is there a guide on that somewhere? :thumbdown Just so I don't screw things up unnecessary.

None that I'm aware of... I don't think one is needed...

Just download the OpenCore EFI.
Put it in the EFI partition of a USB flash drive to test before putting it on your main system drive.
Plug in your Serial, Board Serial, UUID, and MAC address.
Boot from USB flash drive and test.

And what app would you recommend for editing the config file?

Back