Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Did you do the proper USB 15 port limit fix?

What is showing 85 degrees? Are you sure it was in Celsius and not Fahrenheit?

Try disconnecting your drives and see if you can get in to BIOS.
I was thinking the same about the temperatures. However with Clover the temps were detected just fine.

As for the main issue, I can't get into the BIOS. I tried removing the SSD from the case as you said, but it did not work. Therefore, when I get back from work, I will try removing the battery from the motherboard or by connecting those two pins for reset (if I find something at home to connect them).

As far as I can tell if this issue with Open Core repeats (BIOS issue), I will then stick with Clover and apply the 15 port limit fix with the hope that it will solve the issue with file vault.

I was thinking the same about the temperatures. However with Clover the temps were detected just fine.

As for the main issue, I can't get into the BIOS. I tried removing the SSD from the case as you said, but it did not work. Therefore, when I get back from work, I will try removing the battery from the motherboard or by connecting those two pins for reset (if I find something at home to connect them).

As far as I can tell if this issue with Open Core repeats (BIOS issue), I will then stick with Clover and apply the 15 port limit fix with the hope that it will solve the issue with file vault.

Another thing you can try is to plug your keyboard in to one of the USB 3.1 gen 2 ports.

AppleALC kernel panic patch added to config.plist. (Thanks to Sofronis for alerting me to the fix.)

Where can I find this patch? In your EFI (5.1.3) is not present... I'm still under Mojave though!

I fixed the issue by installing Windows on my second sdd and installing the flash utility which with I flashed the BIOS to the latest version.
So, at this time, I won't defy luck once more and I will stick to Clover until Open Core gets out of beta. :)

macOS Catalina 10.15.1 update went fine.

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 6.06.39 PM.png

• Prior to updating, update WhateverGreen to 1.3.4 or just grab my EFI r5.1.4 from post #1.
  • FileVault is broken for me when using Clover.
  • FileVault works when using OpenCore.

Last edited:
Where can I find this patch? In your EFI (5.1.3) is not present... I'm still under Mojave though!

Are you sure? Please double check config.plist > Kernel and Kext Patches > KernelToPatch.

Edit:
I just checked. It's there.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up! :thumbup:

I'll update the EFI folders before 10.15.1 is officially released.

Well, for me, now that 10.15.1 is out, it's on to 10.15.2, that first beta release will be out soon....I'll let you know of anything that seems like it's worth mentioning.....

I think this is all prep for the new Mac Pro and it's hardware, some of which is new to Apple....I think that machine will be available for purchase, maybe December? I just have to put together oh, say, $20k or so.....(NOT)......

Did anyone tried Security Update 2019-001 - 10.14.6 - 1.55GB (HT201222)?

I'm still on Mojave 10.14.6 (18G103) with EFI Unified r5.1.1 and probably won't upgrade to Catalina in near future.

@pastrychef Is the r.5.1.4 only compatible with Catalina or both Catalina and Mojave?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 9.53.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 9.53.36 AM.png
    190.4 KB · Views: 34
Did anyone tried Security Update 2019-001 - 10.14.6 - 1.55GB (HT201222)?

I'm still on Mojave 10.14.6 (18G103) with EFI Unified r5.1.1 and probably won't upgrade to Catalina in near future.

@pastrychef Is the r.5.1.4 only compatible with Catalina or both Catalina and Mojave?

Yes, you should update to EFI r5.1.4 prior to updating Mojave. It should work fine.

I've spent all morning trying to figure out why FileVault is broken with Catalina 10.15.1 + Clover... I've made zero progress... :banghead:

Back