Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

sorry dont mean to be , im pretty new to this I literally looked up chipset .... sorry . I have a maximux viii if that helps and again I know your helping me out ..so im not trying to make you work . Some of the things I literally dont know. My back story is that I am a graphic designer that was sold up the river by apple and the new macbook pros so I love the OS just dont like the company right now .. so I sought out to build my own computer. Thats pretty much it .

Check the following page and see which one you have:
Fenvi Technology

Can you recommend a good wifi card for me please ...And Thanx again for all your time and help

I must say I finished my build according to Pastrychef's (same ASUS board, same WiFi solution, just a little bit different adapter) and it works great. I used 2 SSDs in M.2 slots for separate macOs and Windows and went with RX 560 instead.

I only used SSDT for USB ports from Pastrychef as I didn't want to mess around.

Proper preparation of config.plist file in advance is the key. I only installed needed extensions to EFI folder, nowhere else.
FakeFMC, Lilu, AppleALC, Shiki (boot arg shikivga=25 because of iTunes crashing), Whatevergreen, IntelMausi.

I used Whatevergreen as RadeonDeInit wasn't properly sleeping hackintosh due to different number of ports on GPU than is specified in Apple 9500Controller kext.

Anyway, everything works - sleep, Wifi, BT, Handsoff, Continuity, Quicksync, iCloud services etc.

M.2 adapter, Broadcom CS2 WiFi card and set of longer antenna cables costed me 22 Euros, all from eBay.

This seems really like best solution as WiFi and BT are working from beginning, nothing to solve. Oh yeah, I had to fix one "problem" as my Hackintosh wasn't able to connect to WiFi. After a while, I realized that I'm just stupid and I had to add new MAC address to allowed devices on the router :)

M.2 adapter, Broadcom CS2 WiFi card and set of longer antenna cables costed me 22 Euros, all from eBay.

This seems really like best solution as WiFi and BT are working from beginning, nothing to solve. Oh yeah, I had to fix one "problem" as my Hackintosh wasn't able to connect to WiFi. After a while, I realized that I'm just stupid and I had to add new MAC address to allowed devices on the router :)

Yes, I agree. BCM94360CS2 w/ M.2 adaptor is the best option.

Using the BCM94360CS2 w/ M.2 adaptor has the added benefit of being able to use Bluetooth keyboards and mice in BIOS. This didn't work when using a PCI-e solution.

Unfortunately, sttony is using a motherboard that doesn't have an M.2 slot for Wi-Fi/Bluetooth.

I wasn't aware of using BT keyboard/mouse mobo in BIOS with that card. Personally, I don't care as I hate wireless for input devices. You have to care about batteries, wireless interference etc.

Only problem was to find good price on Apple USB alluminium keyboard on eBay as Apple doesn't make those anymore.

But yeah, for somebody with BT keyboard it's a great card.

I wasn't aware of using BT keyboard/mouse mobo in BIOS with that card. Personally, I don't care as I hate wireless for input devices. You have to care about batteries, wireless interference etc.

Only problem was to find good price on Apple USB alluminium keyboard on eBay as Apple doesn't make those anymore.

But yeah, for somebody with BT keyboard it's a great card.

I personally use a mechanical USB keyboard, but I use Magic Mouse 2 and Magic Trackpad 1. It's a much better experience navigating macOS with these two devices.

Back