Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

No joy with audio-id 7 either. The issue does not seem to be related to this, as all values work fine until after sleep. (Curious, where are you getting these numbers?)

I'm also curious why the issue started after the 10.14.4 update. I may research that more. Fortunately this is an annoyance, not a show stopper.

I've never done anything special with Lilu/AppleALC/WhateverGreen. My config simply uses your EFI from post #1, unaltered, other than serial # etc. (I use iMac18,3.)

These are the values listed in the AppleALC supported codecs page.

I have not had any issues with audio and/or sleep with 10.14.4.

Please try to update to the latest Lilu/AppleALC/WhateverGreen. They are located in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. The latest AppleALC does have a fix for some sleep situations.

I've been using the iMac19,1 system definition with the latest EFI folder since yesterday and everything seems solid. Please keep in mind that I am using the special 18E2034 build of macOS that ships with the latest iMacs.

@pastrychef
the new clover ... what do you say about that?

Screenshot 2019-04-06 at 01.05.52.png

How do you do that on the Vega cards? That might give me some inspiration ;-)

Great I fixed my problem of my 580 GPU fans going crazy high speed when reaching 58 degrees Celsius.
I leveraged that post downloading HWSensors3 and adding the relevant kexts.

The fans of the GPU kick in at 58 but slowly and not full speed.

It would have driven me crazy otherwise.

Last edited:
Great I fixed my problem of my 580 GPU fans going crazy high speed when reaching 58 degrees Celsius.
I leveraged that post downloading HWSensors3 and adding the relevant kexts.

The fans of the GPU kick in at 58 but slowly and not full speed.

It would have driven me crazy otherwise.

A bit too quick at considering this solved. I have the same problem after sleep - sigh :(

Thank you - I am actually following this thread. As it fails only after sleep

Try a different Vbios? I been using a Saphire Vega 56 Nitro+ on a MSI reference Vega 56 for about 2 months. Other then the extra 10c that I see at idle when the fan is off it appears to runs the same and the extra 10c is acceptable. @ about 58 the fan kicks on and runs at 1500 RPM.

These are the values listed in the AppleALC supported codecs page.

I have not had any issues with audio and/or sleep with 10.14.4.

Please try to update to the latest Lilu/AppleALC/WhateverGreen. They are located in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. The latest AppleALC does have a fix for some sleep situations.
As mysteriously as this problem appeared, it has now disappeared. Obviously something changed -- computers don't have free will ;) -- but darned if I can identify it. At least it's working again.

Back