Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Yes, great point about the NVRAM, I did not know there was no support yet on the Z390. So for now, no way around OsxAptioFix* solution?

Nope.

I was already hackintoshing when we lost native NVRAM and was forced to use EmuVariableUEFI + RC scripts. I was grateful when vit9696 released AptioiMemoryFix which restored native NVRAM.

Yes, generally speaking, VRM on Z370 motherboards are weaker than Z390, but other than VRM, Z390 offers no benefits to hackintoshers. The improved VRM may offer better overclocking, but, as always, nothing is guaranteed when it comes to overclocking. So, I'm content to live with my Z370 for now.

The improved VRM may offer better overclocking, but, as always, nothing is guaranteed when it comes to overclocking. So, I'm content to live with my Z370 for now.
Well, looking at your geekbench score now with a 5.1GHz overclock, not sure you even need to make a change.

The 15 port limit patches are a PITA. They often break with new macOS versions. So each version needed different patches. Leaving them all there ensures that you will have at least semi-functional USB regardless of which version of macOS you are running. If you look under the "MatchOS" column, you see which version of macOS each patch was meant for.

It's best to do the SSDT for USB and not have to worry about these KextsToPatches anymore. Do the SSDT for USB and you can delete all of those 15 port limit patches.

yes absolutely! thank again for the help mate! you rock!your advise is very true! i am trying to do that now. I do the ports exclusion now just need to be sure my SSDT-USD.aml is good. i read the custom SSDT guide but its so confusing and my head spin after a few reads. i just need to be sure of the first 5 lines of this .aml file:

Code:
SSDT£'sampleUSBFix0INTL' [ÇM7UIAC_HID
UIA00000RMCFB6
8086_a2afC5
port-count

portsD3*
HS01 
UsbConnector

port

HS02 
UsbConnector

and etc for the ports.....

so my XHC@14 device ID is 8086_a2af (and i assume the last two character are random? e.g. C5)
so that should be good, ya

for UIA00000RMCFB6 , UIA# is UIA00000 but i can't find if just using this RMCFB6 would be ok or where to find that number?

not sure about ÇM7UIAC_HID either?

Yes. I had to use the now depreciated method from this thread:

Look in post #1, Section X (Depreciated method). Scroll down to Nvidia section.
I'm still confused with the section X. There are a lot methods and I'm not sure which to follow. What do you suggest?

3. AMD/Nvidia/Intel - Acidanthera/WhateverGreen - WhatEverGreen Support Topic (Any SIP, any bootloader)
Downloads
  1. WhateverGreen v1.2.0 or newer
  2. Lilu v1.2.0 or newer
  3. Kexts
    1. WhateverGreen
      • See link above
      • Set necessary boot arguments (config.plist)
    2. Lilu
      • patch kext cache
  4. Install Downloads/WhateverGreen.kext and Lilu.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
  5. Restart

I was looking at this method. Do I just copy paste whatevergreen and lilu to fix the issue?

Last edited:
yes absolutely! thank again for the help mate! you rock!your advise is very true! i am trying to do that now. I do the ports exclusion now just need to be sure my SSDT-USD.aml is good. i read the custom SSDT guide but its so confusing and my head spin after a few reads. i just need to be sure of the first 5 lines of this .aml file:

Code:
SSDT£'sampleUSBFix0INTL' [ÇM7UIAC_HID
UIA00000RMCFB6
8086_a2afC5
port-count

portsD3*
HS01
UsbConnector

port

HS02
UsbConnector

and etc for the ports.....

so my XHC@14 device ID is 8086_a2af (and i assume the last two character are random? e.g. C5)
so that should be good, ya

for UIA00000RMCFB6 , UIA# is UIA00000 but i can't find if just using this RMCFB6 would be ok or where to find that number?

not sure about ÇM7UIAC_HID either?

View attachment 385633

I didn't follow that guide. I followed the instructions from section 7.2 of this.

I'm still confused with the section X. There are a lot methods and I'm not sure which to follow. What do you suggest?

3. AMD/Nvidia/Intel - Acidanthera/WhateverGreen - WhatEverGreen Support Topic (Any SIP, any bootloader)
Downloads
  1. WhateverGreen v1.2.0 or newer
  2. Lilu v1.2.0 or newer
  3. Kexts
    1. WhateverGreen
      • See link above
      • Set necessary boot arguments (config.plist)
    2. Lilu
      • patch kext cache
  4. Install Downloads/WhateverGreen.kext and Lilu.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
  5. Restart
I was looking at this method. Do I just copy paste whatevergreen and lilu to fix the issue?

Just a quick note about upgrading to 10.14.3 sup update: no issues, easy upgrade!

Just a quick note about upgrading to 10.14.3 sup update: no issues, easy upgrade!

Thanks for letting me know. I also updated without issues.

Have you tried changing the CSM setting in BIOS? What connection are you using to connect your monitor? DisplayPort? HDMI? You can try changing to see if it helps.

I see you have a MacBook in the picture... You can always do the macOS installation on your MacBook then move the drive back to your hackintosh. The way to do it is:
  1. Create USB installer without any EFI folder. (Warning: Some users have reported damage to their real Macs when booting with Clover!)
  2. Connect your SSD/HD to your MacBook via USB.
  3. Install macOS to the USB connected SSD/HD.
  4. When installation is done, copy the EFI folder to the EFI partition of the USB connected SSD/HD.
  5. Move the USB connected SSD/HD to your hackintosh.
  6. Done.
Another alternative is to just clone your MacBook's drive.
  1. Connect your SSD/HD to your MacBook via USB.
  2. Clone the MacBook's drive to the USB connected SSD/HD using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper!.
  3. When cloning is done, copy the EFI folder to the EFI partition of the USB connected SSD/HD.
  4. Move the USB connected SSD/HD to your hackintosh.
  5. Done.

Disabling CSM worked, so i guess i cant have multi monitor support though?

Yes. Like I said, having the two fans on the CPU cooler move air around the VRM heatsinks should help. I would expect that users with water coolers who don't have as much air circulation around the VRM heatsinks would have more VRM heat issues.
Can confirm - my 8700k is OCd to 5.1 with a AIO cooler and I'd crash due to VRM temps before I set up a fan blowing over the VRMs.

Back