Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

First, I would enable XMP.
View attachment 370163

Next, I would sync all cores to 5GHz.
View attachment 370165

Next, set the cache ratio.
View attachment 370172

Next, set voltage to manual and 1.310v.
View attachment 370173

Next, set LLC 5.
(Sorry. Forgot to take screenshot.)

Then, I would set TPU.
View attachment 370162

Finally, save and reboot.

I didn't change any of the other settings.

So, I found a pretty good guide: https://edgeup.asus.com/2017/kaby-lake-overclocking-guide/3/. It's always helpful with pictures......

Thank you for responding. I know that's a bit of a bother, so thanks! If I get a stable overclock here following your guide and the Asus guide, I'll post some screenshots.....

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) - i7-8700K i9-9900K - AMD Vega 56 build
View attachment 298038View attachment 360742

Hello @pastrychef

hardware:

Asus Z370 Strix E
Trident Z RGB 3600
GTX 1080

I used your EFI folder to install macOS High Sierra. After installing Nvidia drivers, I still have problems with booting, and I have to use nv_disable = 1 to boot.

How can I solve?

Last edited by a moderator:
@pastrychef Thanks so much for this build/guide! Built myself a very solid video editing machine based on all the info!

Only thing that need a fix is a weird audio issue - No Output Device /digital or line out (empty under devices)
But was able to get sound using a bluetooth speaker.

So far I've tried the suggestions in this thread:
Installing ALC1220A via MultiBeast
Manually installing the latest AppleALC.kext + Lilu + Rename HDAS to HDEF + Audio inject = 1 ; Inject Kexts = Yes

High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G3025) - Clover 4784
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC) - i7-8700K - AMD Vega 64(reference)

Couldn't find anything else to try in the forum so thought I'd ask for help here!
Many thanks in advance!

It means, get out the barbecued chicken out of the freezer, its time to start cookin.....:crazy::crazy::crazy:
:lol:
Funny thing is that temps remain "normal" 35-45c while this is happening

@pastrychef Thanks so much for this build/guide! Built myself a very solid video editing machine based on all the info!

Only thing that need a fix is a weird audio issue - No Output Device /digital or line out (empty under devices)
But was able to get sound using a bluetooth speaker.

So far I've tried the suggestions in this thread:
Installing ALC1220A via MultiBeast
Manually installing the latest AppleALC.kext + Lilu + Rename HDAS to HDEF + Audio inject = 1 ; Inject Kexts = Yes

High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G3025) - Clover 4784
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC) - i7-8700K - AMD Vega 64(reference)

Couldn't find anything else to try in the forum so thought I'd ask for help here!
Many thanks in advance!

MultiBeast installs AppleALC and Lilu to /Library/Extensions/. I have them installed in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. You should choose only one location, not both. Also, wherever you choose to install these two kexts, you should keep WhateverGreen in the same folder.

If you choose to install these kexts in /Library/Extensions/, I suggest also installing LiluFriend.kext. LiluFriend.kext is not needed if you install in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

Make sure you don't have these kexts in /System/Library/Extensions/.

Back