Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Just tried again, reformatting the drive to APFS instead of MacOS Journaled. Same result, freezes with exact same error message, even with the drive pre-formatted to APFS

Hmm... Doesn't make sense...

Are you able to do the install on your Mac, then copy the EFI folder to it and then connect the drive to your hackintosh?

Are you able to do the install on your Mac, then copy the EFI folder to it and then connect the drive to your hackintosh?[/

Are you able to do the install on your Mac, then copy the EFI folder to it and then connect the drive to your hackintosh?
Not sure I understand what you mean. I have a MacBook Pro, as well as an older Hackintosh. The newer build has a NVMe drive that I cant
Put in my older hack, as the MOBO won’t support it. I could pull the HD out and move it to the new build and see if it boots.

Not sure I understand what you mean. I have a MacBook Pro, as well as an older Hackintosh. The newer build has a NVMe drive that I cant
Put in my older hack, as the MOBO won’t support it. I could pull the HD out and move it to the new build and see if it boots.

Yes, you can do that.
  1. Connect the drive from either your MacBook or older hackintosh to your new hackintosh.
  2. Boot from the USB flash drive that contains the EFI folder.
  3. At the Clover boot menu, select the drive that was pulled from your MacBook or hackintosh.
  4. Once macOS is up and running, you can clone the drive to your 970 EVO.
If you use the drive from your older hackintosh, make sure there are no hackintosh related kexts in /System/Library/Extensions/ or /Library/Extensions/.

Dropping by to say a massive thank you for all your work. Long time lurker and 10 months into an almost identical replica build of yours Pastrychef - the only difference is my Sapphire Nitro+ Vega64. I upgrade with every bios / macOS / your EFI release - and everything always just works. Almost.

One thing I can't get working is sleep / wake. If I put it to sleep it just goes to the login screen, it I let it go to sleep it reboots on wake. Can I ask for some pointers on how to solve?

Currently running Mojave and your EFI 4.5.1.

Dropping by to say a massive thank you for all your work. Long time lurker and 10 months into an almost identical replica build of yours Pastrychef - the only difference is my Sapphire Nitro+ Vega64. I upgrade with every bios / macOS / your EFI release - and everything always just works. Almost.

One thing I can't get working is sleep / wake. If I put it to sleep it just goes to the login screen, it I let it go to sleep it reboots on wake. Can I ask for some pointers on how to solve?

Currently running Mojave and your EFI 4.5.1.

Please enter the following in to Terminal and post the output:
Code:
pmset -g log | grep -i failure

About 100 of these:

2018-11-24 00:44:34 +1100 Failure Sleep Failure [code:0xFFFFFFFF0000001F]:

Hmm... That doesn't help... Are you using SSDT for USB?

Hmm... That doesn't help... Are you using SSDT for USB?

I'm using an absolute vanilla version of your 4.5.1. Should I try the 370-G SSDT-USB.aml in Post 1?

I'm using an absolute vanilla version of your 4.5.1. Should I try the 370-G SSDT-USB.aml in Post 1?

Yes. Also, please post your config.plist. Are you using the M.2 slot for Wi-Fi/Bluetooth?

Yes. Also, please post your config.plist. Are you using the M.2 slot for Wi-Fi/Bluetooth?

Installed. Tested a few times. Inconsistent results. Will try and see how the timeout goes.
Not using the M.2. Using TP-LINK WiFi and seperate bluetooth dongle.
Config.plist attached.

Back