Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Are you asking about the Asrock Taichi? If it's the Z370 model, it's very likely that it would work fine without any changes. If it's the Z390 model, I don't know yet. There's still a lot we don't know about Z390... Although, I suspect that most things will work with minimal change.

If you are asking about the Z77, you will probably need to make some slight changes in config.plist.

Keep in mind that there are no Nvidia web drivers for Mojave right now.

Indeed That is the new build from which I am writing you from the Taichi Z-370 (it's supposed to be in my signature....)

Indeed That is the new build from which I am writing you from the Taichi Z-370 (it's supposed to be in my signature....)

If you are running High Sierra build 17G2112, just use EFI r4.4.4.

I Video edit....so I do no plan on going to Mojave soon. High Sierra is where I want to be at the moment. Premiere and Resolve mainly. I'd like to be able to use a headless set up where the IGPU can compute and help the GTX 1080, but is not used. Wanna avoir premiere issues this way. With the current build of 10.13.6, (17G65), the only way I could achieve my multi screen set-up (2500 x1440 dvi 1080 p hdmi 1080p HDMi) and keep IGPU compute gave me a Dark boot.

I Video edit....so I do no plan on going to Mojave soon. High Sierra is where I want to be at the moment. Premiere and Resolve mainly. I'd like to be able to use a headless set up where the IGPU can compute and help the GTX 1080, but is not used. Wanna avoir premiere issues this way. With the current build of 10.13.6, (17G65), the only way I could achieve my multi screen set-up (2500 x1440 dvi 1080 p hdmi 1080p HDMi) and keep IGPU compute gave me a Dark boot.

If you are on 17G65, you can use EFI r4.3.2. Multi-monitors should not be a problem. All monitors should be connected to your video card, not the motherboard video outs because the IGPU is configured to be headless/connectorless.

I'm not running 17G2112 but hope to ;)

I'm not running 17G2112 but hope to ;)

If you are on 17G65, you can use EFI r4.3.2. Multi-monitors should not be a problem. All monitors should be connected to your video card, not the motherboard video outs because the IGPU is configured to be headless/connectorless.

With 17G65 and my three monitors on the GPU, with either your unified EFI of mine, never gave me the additional IPGU compute. (boot times are also really longer with your unified ...). I do want my 3 screen on my GTX and did extended tests with that set up. But right no, the only way to achieve a normal boot and get also Igpu compute is when I set IGPU first in bios (not peg-pci first) and I boot with one screen on mother board and 2 on GPU. PEG-PCI first with the same screen set-up results in a artifacts in certain software. and crashes and reboots if any KBL or Open Gl tests are run (Geekbench and or Open GL) or I move application from Windows. 3 screen on GPU = no crashes but no IGPU compute (geek bench = 0 and fuzzy and weird pink and grey and green squares in open GL tests). IGPU first, no monitors on mother board = "dark boot" yet IGPu compute works and no crashes. I tried all possible combinations in the right places with and or without fake ID = 0x59128086 ad or 0x59120000 and 0x59120003 and others, with inject intel and without or not. (inject intel alone actually find 0x59128086 and 0x59120000 by itslef).

With 17G65 and my three monitors on the GPU, with either your unified EFI of mine, never gave me the additional IPGU compute. (boot times are also really longer with your unified ...). I do want my 3 screen on my GTX and did extended tests with that set up. But right no, the only way to achieve a normal boot and get also Igpu compute is when I set IGPU first in bios (not peg-pci first) and I boot with one screen on mother board and 2 on GPU. PEG-PCI first with the same screen set-up results in a artifacts in certain software. and crashes and reboots if any KBL or Open Gl tests are run (Geekbench and or Open GL) or I move application from Windows. 3 screen on GPU = no crashes but no IGPU compute (geek bench = 0 and fuzzy and weird pink and grey and green squares in open GL tests). IGPU first, no monitors on mother board = "dark boot" yet IGPu compute works and no crashes. I tried all possible combinations in the right places with and or without fake ID = 0x59128086 ad or 0x59120000 and 0x59120003 and others, with inject intel and without or not. (inject intel alone actually find 0x59128086 and 0x59120000 by itslef).
anyways going 17G2112 will also give me native coffee lake recognized CPU so even if the multi screen stays the same I think it's worth try.

I don't know if that's an Nvidia web driver bug or a configuration issue...

I don't know if that's an Nvidia web driver bug or a configuration issue...
Could be...The fact that with igpu first - three monitors on GPU + dark boot = everything computes and no freezes or crashes kind of makes me think it ain't... GPU first 3 monitor on GPU + normal boot = everything works rally well except no comput on IGPU. - I used the tool that updates Nvidia drivers and checks for black listed ones + my sound was perfect hdmi+display port both GPU and IGPU (except no sound from one of the display ports of the GTX)....

Back