Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi,

Im getting these errors when i try and install. Any ideas what the problem is? i have the same board and CPU, using corsair platinum with a RX 580.

My build has a Intel Optane stick which i turn off in the Bios when i attempt my install.

Ive swapped boards from the Msi z370m Carbon AC to the ASUS seems to be a similar problem with both boards for me, its doing my head in...

I don't see any errors. Are you sure your USB installer is good? Have you tried a different USB port and/or USB flash drive?

Also, as per forum rules, please update your profile to include CPU, motherboard, and GPU that you are using.

I don't see any errors. Are you sure your USB installer is good? Have you tried a different USB port and/or USB flash drive?

Also, as per forum rules, please update your profile to include CPU, motherboard, and GPU that you are using.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yea it gets to that point and then scrolls too fast to read. Arent there USB errors there?

Ive made many USB installers, and they all get to roughly the same point and then the system restarts without entering the MacOS installer. Ive tried 3 different premade EFI's and my own vanilla install. Im not sure what else to try at this point, im just going around in circles. i thought this board would be easier to install than the MSI i used previously, but no such luck.

The picture is where it stops then i cant read anything more the very last line I can make out is, System attempting to restart or something similar.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yea it gets to that point and then scrolls too fast to read. Arent there USB errors there?

Ive made many USB installers, and they all get to roughly the same point and then the system restarts without entering the MacOS installer. Ive tried 3 different premade EFI's and my own vanilla install. Im not sure what else to try at this point, im just going around in circles. i thought this board would be easier to install than the MSI i used previously, but no such luck.

The picture is where it stops then i cant read anything more the very last line I can make out is, System attempting to restart or something similar.

You can do the dirty method...
  1. Clone the drive from your Mac to the drive you intend to use on your hackintosh.
  2. When done, copy the EFI folder to the clone destination drive.
  3. Plug the drive to your hackintosh.
  4. Boot hackintosh.

This is what I did when I first transitioned from my Mac Pro to hackintosh back when El Capitan was the latest version of macOS. It worked fine. I'm still using the same install albeit updated to Mojave.

Update to latest BIOS. No need to do any of the older ones.

Since you are using a GTX 1070, you can not upgrade to Mojave yet because Nvidia has not released any web drivers for Mojave yet. Therefore, you should only update to High Sierra 10.13.6.
  1. Backup your existing, working EFI folder to the EFI partition of a USB flash drive.
  2. Update your EFI folder to r4.3.2 from post #1.
  3. Copy the Serial, Board Serial, and UUID from your existing config.plist to the new config.plist included with EFI r4.3.2.
  4. Update to macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 either via App Store or via Combo Update.
  5. Done.
OK, I’ll give that a go on the weekend. I was able to get Sierra to install on the MSI but no luck with High Sierra so I changed boards. Very disappointing as the Asrock I was using was very straight forward. The only thing I have changed is the optane, so maybe it’s that ‍♂️

Ok I’ll give that a go on the weekend. I was able to get Sierra to install on the MSI but no luck with high Sierra so I changed boards. Very disappointing as the Asrock I was using was very straight forward. The only thing I have changed is the optane, so maybe it’s that ‍♂️

There has been some people who had difficulty with the initial install. Most of the time, it's due to USB flash drive or the macOS installer that they downloaded were not the complete installer. But this "dirty" method definitely works and, in my opinion, easier.

Update to latest BIOS. No need to do any of the older ones.

Since you are using a GTX 1070, you can not upgrade to Mojave yet because Nvidia has not released any web drivers for Mojave yet. Therefore, you should only update to High Sierra 10.13.6.
  1. Backup your existing, working EFI folder to the EFI partition of a USB flash drive.
  2. Update your EFI folder to r4.3.2 from post #1.
  3. Copy the Serial, Board Serial, and UUID from your existing config.plist to the new config.plist included with EFI r4.3.2.
  4. Update to macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 either via App Store or via Combo Update.
  5. Done.
Alright mate. Hope it works. thanks for your help.

Hey Pastry,

Would you mind adding a pic of benchmarking speeds on a USB 3.0 stick so I can compare with mine?

I just added the KextsToPatch dict entry in my plist, and it worked since before USB 3.0 devices on USB 3.0 ports weren't even recognized and post patch, they are. However, my USB 3.0 speeds aren't all that good tho (not sure how much they should be, but this doesn't seem much, or am I wrong?).

Results and device used: https://imgur.com/a/inqkJyC w/ this card: http://prntscr.com/l6sbrz

How it shows up in system viewer: http://prntscr.com/l6s1p7 (Could it be because of the filesystem being MS-DOS Fat32)?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey Pastry,

Would you mind adding a pic of benchmarking speeds on a USB 3.0 stick so I can compare with mine?

I just added the KextsToPatch dict entry in my plist, and it worked since before USB 3.0 devices on USB 3.0 ports weren't even recognized and post patch, they are. However, my USB 3.0 speeds aren't all that good tho (not sure how much they should be, but this doesn't seem much, or am I wrong?).

Results and device used: https://imgur.com/a/inqkJyC w/ this card: http://prntscr.com/l6sbrz

How it shows up in system viewer: http://prntscr.com/l6s1p7 (Could it be because of the filesystem being MS-DOS Fat32)?

Thanks.

Using USB flash drives or SD cards to test USB 3 speed is a bad idea. The performance of USB flash drives and SD cards can vary wildly. Test it with a good USB to SATA adaptor and an SSD.

Back