Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

That was my assumption.

Ok, that's great. That's how we're now able to have a "unified" EFI.

I'll make sure to report back once I've upgraded. I assume you're running that platform-id and everything is working fine, so I'm looking forward to a painless upgrade.

Ok, that's great. That's how we're now able to have a "unified" EFI.

I'll make sure to report back once I've upgraded. I assume you're running that platform-id and everything is working fine, so I'm looking forward to a painless upgrade.

Yes. Correct.

Can you please verify Valley with benchmark results?

Here are the results I had from High Sierra:
Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 9.26.53 AM.png

Here are the results I got from Mojave:
Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 9.55.58 AM.png

It definitely sounds like an ig-platform-id issue.

In EFI r4.4.2, ig-platform-id is set to 3E9B0007. (Coffee Lake)
In EFI r4.3.2, ig-platform-id is set to 59120003. (spoof Kaby Lake, headless)
In EFI r3.5, ig-platform-id is set to 59120000. (spoof Kaby Lake, IGPU primary)

If r3.5 is working for you, you can make the following change to the config.plist in r4.4.2:
View attachment 352568

When using this ig-platform-id, you should use iMac18,1 system definition.

This means that when you get back your GTX 1080, you will have to revert the changes in your config.plist.

thanks for the input man. I realise my audio drivers are not running also. Resolved by reinstalling drivers via multibeast

I think I'll wait for my GTX to come back and hope that the Nvidia drivers are released by then before I proceed to fix anymore issues.

till then ill just use 3.5

Last edited:
thanks for the input man. I realise my audio drivers are not running also.

I think I'll wait for my GTX to come back and hope that the Nvidia drivers are released by then before I proceed to fix anymore issues.

till then ill just use 3.5

Audio is entirely handled by AppleALC. The only thing we have to "configure" is which audio-ID to use. On Mojave, Apple dropped support for a lot of codecs. When I put together r3.5, this didn't happen yet and we were using audio-ID 1. However, 1 has been dropped in Mojave. So, we can use audio-ID 2.

Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 10.16.04 AM.png

Audio is entirely handled by AppleALC. The only thing we have to "configure" is which audio-ID to use. On Mojave, Apple dropped support for a lot of codecs. When I put together r3.5, this didn't happen yet and we were using audio-ID 1. However, 1 has been dropped in Mojave. So, we can use audio-ID 2.

View attachment 352589

dude can I just say I totally love how committed you are to this thread. its precisely because of you and folks like Stork that I'm so comfortable building hackintosh's for friends and family.

Look in config.plist > Devices > Properties.

Thanks, bro. Now I see. I'll install Mojave today. I have successfully installed the High Sierra using your 4.3.2 EFI version and all works perfect, so I thought I can use the same EFI from High Sierra. Good to know the difference between the 4.3.2 and 4.4.2 EFi versions.

Which connector are you using for your monitor? HDMI? DisplayPort?

In BIOS, is your RX 580 set to be primary?

Oh my god! it's the displayport problem! I changed it to HDMI and now everything is working!!
Thank you so much for your help!

Mojave Success

Updated to your EFI 4.4.2 folder; selected Inject Audio "2" in clover configurator; and then began Mojave download and installation. Install took approximately one hour, but no panics, no interventions required, and Mojave works great. Audio and sleep both functioning normally. Thanks so much pastrychef for making this so accessible for us!

Mojave Success

Updated to your EFI 4.4.2 folder; selected Inject Audio "2" in clover configurator; and then began Mojave download and installation. Install took approximately one hour, but no panics, no interventions required, and Mojave works great. Audio and sleep both functioning normally. Thanks so much pastrychef for making this so accessible for us!

If you are using EFI r4.4.2, you don't need to manually inject audio-ID 2. It's already done in Device Properties.

Back