Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

One needs to experience the smoothness for themselves and they will understand. The only issue I seem to have is that with my wide 3840x1600 monitor, the initial boot screens are very low resolution compared to the 1080Ti, is that the case with your monitor?

Have you tried with CSM enabled and/or disabled to see if it has any affect on the boot resolution?

Right, but that doesn't fix the problem - I still have to live with either 30Hz on HDMI that lags or with mouse sturrer at 60Hz that doesn't lag.

If the cable an issue you can order a new fancy one that has protection from the noise and does not cause issues.
Nobody tells you to use HDMI instead of DP. :)

Hey all!
I have a question.
Power nap is on, and it works fine.. However, I have feeling that Has wakes up more often than my iMac 17.1 used to wake up. Is there a way to adjust the time interval for Hak to wake up?

Hey all!
I have a question.
Power nap is on, and it works fine.. However, I have feeling that Has wakes up more often than my iMac 17.1 used to wake up. Is there a way to adjust the time interval for Hak to wake up?

I don't know of any way to adjust the intervals.

Hi @pastrychef,
After i update my EFI folder to r4.1, I noticed sleep function does not work.
The machine will fall to sleep and then turn back quickly.

Here is what I got from log
2018-08-13 01:31:46.391687-0500 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XDCI XHC

Based on my research in this forum, I guess I need to do some patch with USB ports?

Thanks for any suggestion!

Hi @pastrychef,
After i update my EFI folder to r4.1, I noticed sleep function does not work.
The machine will fall to sleep and then turn back quickly.

Here is what I got from log
2018-08-13 01:31:46.391687-0500 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XDCI XHC

Based on my research in this forum, I guess I need to do some patch with USB ports?

Thanks for any suggestion!

Yes, that's USB. Using SSDT for USB should fix it.

@pastrychef Wow, it works. I've changed the cables to be DP-to-mDP on both monitors and sleep/wake works flawlessly on 980ti. That's just creepy. I'll test the Vega 56 later and will report the results. I'll also report if the mouse stutter is there or not.
Hey man! Did you manage to fix the lag with the cables? I've been having the same problem since I switched motherboards and I can't seem to fix it. pastrychef has tried to help me in the past but I can't seem to fix it. I think you're onto something here, apparently AmazonBasics cables are not optimal for hacks

Hey man! Did you manage to fix the lag with the cables? I've been having the same problem since I switched motherboards and I can't seem to fix it. pastrychef has tried to help me in the past but I can't seem to fix it. I think you're onto something here, apparently AmazonBasics cables are not optimal for hacks
No, I haven't. With the other cables (and I've purchased best cables I could find) sleep/wake is completely broken, with the cables I have now sleep/wake works, but the mouse stutter and lag is there and I have no idea how to fix it.

No, I haven't. With the other cables (and I've purchased best cables I could find) sleep/wake is completely broken, with the cables I have now sleep/wake works, but the mouse stutter and lag is there and I have no idea how to fix it.

Try this remove everything from Clover/kexts Other then FakeSMC and IntelMausiEthernet also leave your SSDT for usb set your SMbios to 6,1 if you need sound get an external there are cheap ones and expensive ones and use this config.plist "this is mine"

PS I have mouse stutter on my real Mac Pro if I use a wireless mouse, it conflicts with the apple airport.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.2 KB · Views: 219
PS I have mouse stutter on my real Mac Pro if I use a wireless mouse, it conflicts with the apple airport.

This happened to me on my old Mac Pro too. I switched to 5GHz Wi-Fi and problem was fixed.

Back