Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth work for me. My Windows drive was transplanted from my Mac Pro (one of the benefits of buying a retail Windows license). I installed the Bootcamp drivers when it was still in the Mac Pro and those same drivers continue to work for me with my current Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card.

Do a search on how to extract the drivers from the Bootcamp utilities and you can install the drivers.

Hi Pastrychef. Really really nice guide. I am kind of broke as I am buying my first desktop since 2002 so needed everything so did not have the dough for a gpu yet. Can I just use your EFI named UHD630 to use the built in gnu on the 8700k?

Hi Pastrychef. Really really nice guide. I am kind of broke as I am buying my first desktop since 2002 so needed everything so did not have the dough for a gpu yet. Can I just use your EFI named UHD630 to use the built in gnu on the 8700k?

Thanks.

Yes, you can run on just the UHD 630. Sleep/wake may or may not work properly when using just UHD 630. I've read conflicting reports.

Last edited:
HI pastrychef

I would like to build an hackintosh for FCP X , because my MBP 13" is too old.
Your configuration seems to be perfect for me , it's correct ?
Can i take your config for build my hackintosh ?

HI pastrychef

I would like to build an hackintosh for FCP X , because my MBP 13" is too old.
Your configuration seems to be perfect for me , it's correct ?
Can i take your config for build my hackintosh ?

I don't use FCPX, but I've seen many people who are happy with running FCPX with 6700K to 8700K. Everything I've read indicates that to get the best performance, you should use an AMD graphics card.

Nice build and write up! I'm a total noob when it comes to hackintoshes so forgive if someone has asked this question in this thread before. I'm going to be using a Gigabyte Z370 HD3P mobo. Would your provided EFI folder be compatible for this build?

Thanks!

Nice build and write up! I'm a total noob when it comes to hackintoshes so forgive if someone has asked this question in this thread before. I'm going to be using a Gigabyte Z370 HD3P mobo. Would your provided EFI folder be compatible for this build?

Thanks!

Thanks.

My EFI folder should be generic enough to at least get you through the installation phase and allow you to boot up after the installation.

You should double check to see that the DSDT patches to rename devices in my config.plist work with Gigabyte motherboards. Everything else is generic enough that it shouold work with any Z370 motherboard.

Well I just cancelled my part orders for this build based on the intel security flaw. Sad for all those who recently built a system.. I guess we'll have to see how much of a performance drop your system will take pastrychef. :(

According to what I've read, macOS 10.13.2 has already addressed the bug so whatever benchmark numbers that I've posted have already seen the performance impact.

"Finally, macOS has been patched to counter the chip design blunder since version 10.13.2, according to operating system kernel expert Alex Ionescu. And it appears 64-bit ARM Linux kernels will also get a set of KAISER patches, completely splitting the kernel and user spaces, to block attempts to defeat KASLR. We'll be following up this week."

Source: Kernel-memory-leaking Intel processor design flaw forces Linux, Windows redesign • The Register

Back