Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Is NvdiaGraphicsFixup still necessary? I'm having mouse lag issues and I'm trying to find the source of the problem, I'm on 10.13.5

If you are not using iMac17,1 system definition, you can probably get away with removing NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. It does help in some instances where users have multi-monitor setups.

Others have indicated that mouse lag might be related to HDCP. If possible, you can try using a different connection to connect your monitor, i.e. switch from using HDMI to DisplayPort or vice versa.

If the power light is not blinking, I don't think it's really sleeping. This pmset output shows that the AddressBookSourceSync is no longer an issue.

Do all the fans on your computer stop spinning when it's sleeping?
Have you tried sleeping with the external hard drive disconnected?
Are you using SSDT-USB.aml?

1:Not stop,still running
2:Yes,disconnect every usb device,still no way to sleep
3:No

1:Not stop,still running
2:Yes,disconnect every usb device,still no way to sleep
3:No

If the fans are still running, your system is not sleeping yet.
When troubleshooting sleep/wake, try to leave all your USB devices disconnected to reduce as many variables as possible.
Get USB working right with the SSDT first.

It would be really great if the problem was only my failure !
I´ve disable it and wait for the results.

Is it working properly now?

It's not in the package because everyone needs to configure the "uia_exclude=" individually based on preference and what hardware you are using. For example, if you use a PCI-e Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, you can not exclude one of the internal USB2 headers. If your case has front USB2 ports, you may not want to exclude two of the internal USB2 headers. If you use the M.2 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, you can not exclude HS07. It will be different for each build. How can a universal package be built for such a scenario?

.dsl is for your reference. If you don't know what it is, you don't need it.

I don't know what's causing your crashes. It could be USB related. It could be something else.

You can click on images to enlarge to full size or download.

Edit:
I just realized you are not using an Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming motherboard. Therefore, you should be creating your own SSDT-USB.aml file. Links to full guides are in post #1.

Thanks for the answer. In any case, applying the USB fix did nothing to fix the instability.

Kent

Thanks for the answer. In any case, applying the USB fix did nothing to fix the instability.

Kent

You created your own SSDT?

I don't know what else could be causing your crashes during sleep. Does it exhibit the same behavior in Windows?

Nevermind, I was just freaking out because the Bios showed my 960 Evo as a Windows Boot Manager. I successfully installed Windows on another SSD and am able to use my computer, but still haven't been able to get my MacOS to boot. No matter what I do, it just restarts, even with a -x boot flag and/or with the Installer USB. I am really confused as to why this happened all of a sudden as MacOS was running without any issues, and then I get a popup that I am out of space, and then it just stops booting up...

Nevermind, I was just freaking out because the Bios showed my 960 Evo as a Windows Boot Manager. I successfully installed Windows on another SSD and am able to use my computer, but still haven't been able to get my MacOS to boot. No matter what I do, it just restarts, even with a -x boot flag and/or with the Installer USB. I am really confused as to why this happened all of a sudden as MacOS was running without any issues, and then I get a popup that I am out of space, and then it just stops booting up...

Personally, I would do a clean install of macOS then restore your files from Time Machine. Using a larger drive would probably be wise too. macOS swap memory and snapshots can take up more drive space than you anticipate.

Personally, I would do a clean install of macOS then restore your files from Time Machine. Using a larger drive would probably be wise too. macOS swap memory and snapshots can take up more drive space than you anticipate.

I guess I'll go ahead and do that. Is there a way to disable snapshots? Buying a bigger drive would kind of be a hassle since my current drive is out of the Amazon return period and even if I did buy the 512gb version of 960 EVO, I would have an extra 960 evo just laying around...

Also, do you recommend just installing it with my original install usb or creating an updated one on my MacBook Pro with 10.13.5 and the updated EFI?

I guess I'll go ahead and do that. Is there a way to disable snapshots? Buying a bigger drive would kind of be a hassle since my current drive is out of the Amazon return period and even if I did buy the 512gb version of 960 EVO, I would have an extra 960 evo just laying around...

Also, do you recommend just installing it with my original install usb or creating an updated one on my MacBook Pro with 10.13.5 and the updated EFI?

Yes, you can disable snapshots. I don't know the exact command... Just google and you will find it.

You may also want to disable hibernation as the sleep image can also get very big.

Back