Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

@pastrychef I don't have and never had any X299 system. I only have an identical copy of your build, save the GPU I just ordered to test as a replacement for my 980ti.
I always had two 4K monitors connected via DisplayPort.
I do have the Shiki.kext because you have it too in your EFI. I am copying your build in hardware and settings as closely as possible.
I didn't do any other changes than installing the agpm kext to clover/kext/other. But that kext is long gone, as I have replaced my EFI about hundred times now.
Currently I can somehow boot the machine from it's ssd by copying the USB key EFI with old kexts to it, but when it boots, it is missing Bluetooth ('wave' sign over bt icon). How can I fix that?

How was your monitor connected? HDMI? DisplayPort? Did you have Shiki.kext installed?

Did this happen with your X299 system or Z370 system?

I'm trying to understand why some people have this issue...
I've got a strange feeling that clover doesn't inject the kexts, is there any way I could verify it does?

@pastrychef I don't have and never had any X299 system. I only have an identical copy of your build, save the GPU I just ordered to test as a replacement for my 980ti.
I always had two 4K monitors connected via DisplayPort.
I do have the Shiki.kext because you have it too in your EFI. I am copying your build in hardware and settings as closely as possible.
I didn't do any other changes than installing the agpm kext to clover/kext/other. But that kext is long gone, as I have replaced my EFI about hundred times now.
Currently I can somehow boot the machine from it's ssd by copying the USB key EFI with old kexts to it, but when it boots, it is missing Bluetooth ('wave' sign over bt icon). How can I fix that?

Look in System Information > USB. Do you see the Bluetooth there?

Are you using SSDT-USB.aml or 15 port limit patch?

The only thing that can affect Bluetooth is USB.

Look in System Information > USB. Do you see the Bluetooth there?

Are you using SSDT-USB.aml or 15 port limit patch?

The only thing that can affect Bluetooth is USB.
I have the SSDT-USB.aml file in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched dir. I don't know if I use 15 port limit patch. How do I verify that? Like I said, I try to copy your setup in 100% like to like way, since I don't know what all these thing do.
In my System Information>USB there is no Bluetooth, only USB hubs. There's also nothing in Bluetooth tab. At the same time, Wi-fi works just fine and it's the MacBook m2 bt/Wi-fi cats so it's not a hardware issue.

I have the SSDT-USB.aml file in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched dir. I don't know if I use 15 port limit patch. How do I verify that? Like I said, I try to copy your setup in 100% like to like way, since I don't know what all these thing do.
In my System Information>USB there is no Bluetooth, only USB hubs. There's also nothing in Bluetooth tab. At the same time, Wi-fi works just fine and it's the MacBook m2 bt/Wi-fi cats so it's not a hardware issue.

See post #1919.

I'm not seeing any of the kexts loaded that are in /Library/Extensions/ folder with those Terminal commands.

Hmm... Simply entering "kextstat" should list all kexts...

Your instructions are talking about disabling patches yet your picture shows them enabled (unticked). Should they be ticked or unticked to be disabled? What should I put in uia_exclude if I have the same setup as you do? The 1st post doesn't list that.

@pastrychef i think clover doesn't inject kexts! I deleted all custom kexts from Library/Extensions (I don't know how did they get there in first place) and the system stopped booting again. USB key boots fine and kextstat lists custom kexts. It's there any switch in Clover to inject these kexts?

Back