Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Gets stuck on the apple logo with no progress whatsoever. Have to boot into a backup drive.

Please add "-v" boot-arg and post a photo of where it gets stuck.

Attachments

• config.plist
    39.4 KB · Views: 20
Please try this config.plist.
Here you go

I am back on Big Sur 11.7.5 while testing the config..
OC should still be able to load regardless of OS version correct?

Attachments

• IMG_20230401_110953.jpg
    IMG_20230401_110953.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20230401_110906.jpg
    IMG_20230401_110906.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 22
To remind folks, the problem I had: I didn’t see an OC boot picker menu (showing Windows, MacOS, Recovery, EFI) at ALL. With multiple USB sticks. Flashing the BIOS (again, to the same version I had before) fixed that issue for me.

If you can see a boot picker menu in OC, you’ve a different issue.

Here you go

I am back on Big Sur 11.7.5 while testing the config..
OC should still be able to load regardless of OS version correct?

Hmm... It's a kernel panic. I think it's USB related... Are you booting from a USB flash drive? Please try using a different USB port (don't use USB 3.1 gen 2 port). Also remove as many non-essential USB devices as possible and you can try disabling the USB 3.1 gen 2 in BIOS.

Yes. OpenCore should boot fine with Big Sur.

I am not. I am booting directly from the m.2. Nothing is plugged in USB-wise other than mouse and keyboard

Weird... Make sure the kexts folder has all your kexts and that they are entered in config.plist > Kernel > Add.

Weird... Make sure the kexts folder has all your kexts and that they are entered in config.plist > Kernel > Add.
The only kext I have different from the EFI download on page 1 is my own personal USBPorts. I'm thinking of doing a fresh install of Ventura. Would Migration Assistant be able to read a Carbon Copy Clone of the drive? or would a Time Machine backup be best?

Back