Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Try clearing CMOS first. That was what allowed me to boot in to OpenCore again.
Same thing after CMOS reset. I wonder if I have a bios setting wrong.

I’m going to try with just your default or stock config and see if it will boot with zero changes.

EFI updated to OpenCore 0.9.0.

All kexts updated to latest release version except for VoodooPS2Controller.

VoodooPS2Controller updated to 2.3.3. (2.3.4 breaks screenshot keyboard shortcut for me)

Up to OC 0.8.8 the update always worked. Only the SN, UUID and ROM id had to be entered and my customized USBPorts.kext stored. My Logitech keyboard has an own USB dongle; BT is a separate BMC94360CS2 pci card.

Since OC 0.8.9 this no longer works. Neither the keyboard nor mouse or trackpad responds. I have the same error pattern with OC 0.9.0. If I re-install the config from OC 0.8.8, everything works again.
Is there anything different about the newer versions?

Up to OC 0.8.8 the update always worked. Only the SN, UUID and ROM id had to be entered and my customized USBPorts.kext stored. My Logitech keyboard has an own USB dongle; BT is a separate BMC94360CS2 pci card.

Since OC 0.8.9 this no longer works. Neither the keyboard nor mouse or trackpad responds. I have the same error pattern with OC 0.9.0. If I re-install the config from OC 0.8.8, everything works again.
Is there anything different about the newer versions?

Are you talking about the OpenCore Boot Picker?

Set config.plist > UEFI > Input > KeySupport = Enabled

Edit:
I updated the EFI 0.9.0 in post #1.

I just grabbed .90 OC - added serials, booted using USB stick. Same issue: can't boot from OC: I see Apple menu for about 2 seconds, then beep & reboot.
Agghh... I went through page 1 to check BIOS settings (I have latest, last BIOS) - no change.
#frustrated

I just grabbed .90 OC - added serials, booted using USB stick. Same issue: can't boot from OC: I see Apple menu for about 2 seconds, then beep & reboot.
Agghh... I went through page 1 to check BIOS settings (I have latest, last BIOS) - no change.
#frustrated

I don't get it either... Maybe try with just one stick of RAM?

Are you talking about the OpenCore Boot Picker?

Set config.plist > UEFI > Input > KeySupport = Enabled

Edit:
I updated the EFI 0.9.0 in post #1.
I changed the KeySupport parameter from false to true and the keyboard works again.
Thanks a lot for your quick help!

I checked out the older versions. This parameter was always set to false and it worked. What has changed?

I don't get it either... Maybe try with just one stick of RAM?
Not a RAM issue - it’s a boot issue. It’s trying to boot MacOS rather than the presented USB stick.

In CSM: Disabled, I cannot make it boot any UEFI anything, either Ventoy (Known good) or a OC boot stick. It just shows an Apple logo for a second then reboots, telling me it doesn’t accept either USB sticks.

In CSM: Enabled, OC won’t boot, but Ventoy will boot Heren’s Boot CD.

In both, Secure Boot, SGX are turned off/disabled. OS is set to Other, and ConfigLock is disabled. VT-d and VT-x are enabled. I am not sure what else to look at.

Super frustrated now.

Not a ram issue - it’s a boot issue. It’s trying to boot MacOS rather than the presented USB stick.

In CSM: Disabled, I cannot make it boot any UEFI anything, either Ventoy(Known good) or a OC boot stick. It just shows an apple logo for a sec then reboots, telling me it doesn’t accept either USB sticks.

In CSM: Enabled, OC won’t boot, but Ventoy will boot Heren’s Boot CD.

In both, Secure Boot, SGX are turned off/disabled. OS is set to Other, and ConfigLock is disabled. VT-d and VT-x are enabled. I am not sure what else to look at.

Super frustrated now.

What is Ventory?

I don't know how it can get to the Apple logo part without getting to OpenCore boot picker first...

What is Ventory?

I don't know how it can get to the Apple logo part without getting to OpenCore boot picker first...
A way to stick a bunch of ISO files onto a USB stick and then boot from them via a nice picklist.

Works in UEFI and BIOS normally except that PC which only works with CSM enabled.

Logo only shows for a moment before reboot. OC is not loading. I’d I go into BIOS and boot and then manually open the UEFI OC USB, same happens - loads for a few moments then Apple logo then reboot.

Back