Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

It’s there. I never even see an OC boot picker GUI list of boot choices. I literally turn on the PC, see the Apple logo for a split second, then <beep> and reboot.

Is it possible the Sabrent uses an incompatible SSD controller?

Is it possible the Sabrent uses an incompatible SSD controller?
I moved to the HP 920. My note with this writeup waited on mod approval, was apparently never approved, so you might not have seen the issues writeup. I’m not sure why; I don’t think I had any URLs in there at all.

Quick recap: Mac “BSOD” due to Sabrent, flipped to HP920, can’t boot on that into OC just see white apple logo for 2 seconds then reboot when I try to boot from USB MacOS installer with OC on it. But it did work once - I was able to format HP920 and start the 13.2.1 MacOS install to the point of first reboot.

Very unhappy right now. Working 15 hour days so I’m not able to do much on this rn.

I moved to the HP 920. My note with this writeup waited on mod approval, was apparently never approved, so you might not have seen the issues writeup. I’m not sure why; I don’t think I had any URLs in there at all.

Quick recap: Mac “BSOD” due to Sabrent, flipped to HP920, can’t boot on that into OC just see white apple logo for 2 seconds then reboot when I try to boot from USB MacOS installer with OC on it. But it did work once - I was able to format HP920 and start the 13.2.1 MacOS install to the point of first reboot.

Very unhappy right now. Working 15 hour days so I’m not able to do much on this rn.

This sounds kind of similar to what used to happen when I was rebooting back and forth a lot between Clover and OpenCore. It was the primary reason why I stopped using Clover completely. After I decided to stop using Clover, I cleared CMOS and NVRAM.

This sounds kind of similar to what used to happen when I was rebooting back and forth a lot between Clover and OpenCore. It was the primary reason why I stopped using Clover completely. After I decided to stop using Clover, I cleared CMOS and NVRAM.
How does one clear NVRAM if I can't even boot into OC?

How does one clear NVRAM if I can't even boot into OC?

Try clearing CMOS first. That was what allowed me to boot in to OpenCore again.

I have a problem, I don't know why, but my system goes into sleep even though I turned everything off regarding energy saving. Did I miss something or does anyone have clue what this could cause?

Latest EFI latest macOS

I have a problem, I don't know why, but my system goes into sleep even though I turned everything off regarding energy saving. Did I miss something or does anyone have clue what this could cause?

Latest EFI latest macOS

Did you disable this:
Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 11.34.03 AM.png

Back