Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

thanks in advance.

I hope its usefull in my case.. as they say
"changing to 18,1 worked for me. i got hardware acceleration working, but there was glitching/flickering. all i changes was from 18,3 to 18,1 and it seems to be good now."

I have always only suggested using iMacPro1,1 or iMac18,1. Even the USB ports configuration only work when using iMacPro1,1 or iMac18,1 on my EFIs.

Thanks. Can I from High Sierra to Monterey using the same EFI ??

If you want iGPU enabled, I suggest switching to iMac18,1 system definition.
Hi!
I am back in the Studio!

I can report that all USB Ports working fine again with imac Pro 1,1 Profile and BIOS set to:
priamary GPU->PCIe
iGPU->disabled
VT-d-> enabled

For my Firewire Interface problem on Big Sur, I wanted to ask If I should try to disable SIP for KEXT loading, as I`ve read that this could work; Or do you rather discourage from doing that?

Regards!

Hi!
I am back in the Studio!

I can report that all USB Ports working fine again with imac Pro 1,1 Profile and BIOS set to:
priamary GPU->PCIe
iGPU->disabled
VT-d-> enabled

For my Firewire Interface problem on BigSur, I wanted to ask If I should try to disable SIP for KEXT loading, as I`ve read that this could work; Or do you rather discourage from doing that?

Regards!

I have not tried disabling SIP since before APFS was introduced. It may be worth a shot...

The other thing you can try is using OpenCore to inject the kexts.

The other thing you can try is using OpenCore to inject the kexts.
Ah ok! So just add the Kext to the latest OC config (0.8.3) for e.g. BigSur or Monterey. Although the Kext is stored in Library/Extensions as in the pic, this may work?

I may give it a shot! THX a lot!

Screenshot 2022-09-02 at 14.23.29.png

Ah ok! So just add the Kext to the latest OC config (0.8.3) for e.g. BigSur or Monterey. Although the Kext is stored in Library/Extensions as in the pic, this may work?

I may give it a shot! THX a lot!

View attachment 554202

Yes. Copy the kexts to /EFI/OC/kexts/ and add the kexts to the section you took screenshots of.

Yes. Copy the kexts to /EFI/OC/kexts/ and add the kexts to the section you took screenshots of.
Did what you said with updated OC Configurator on your OC 0.8.3 EFI on my Monterey Drive.
Didn't work!

System Preferences and Logic were showing Saffire loaded. Also "MixControl" the Software of the Interface showed it is loaded and the Interface was showing reaction to the changes in it's software and in Logic by it's LEDs. but I do get no Sound output.

I did not try to disable SIP for unsigned Kexts.

And I think I'll give up on this and stay on mojave until I upgrade the Saffire Pro 40 FW Audio Interface.

Thx for your help!

Hey,
My back Panal audio ports are not working .. any suggestions, please.

Back