Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

PastryChef:
Is there wisdom in looking at just the NGFF wifi cards, if one were to want to flip from having 2 Wifi cards (for some reason I got a PCIe adapter rather than redoing my motherboard's wifi... it was years ago, no idea why I did this) to just one, replacing what's on the MB? Like this: https://www.newegg.com/fenvi-bcm94360ng-pcie-half-mini-card-m-2/p/0XM-00JK-00083

I think I have the 4360 (old style from an Air; pretty sure it's a 94360CS) and a PCIe adapter; I suppose I could just spend $15 and get the Air->NGFF adapter and plug the entire thing into the motherboard, just like I did with the other Asus board I have...

Later Edit: The issue is the "CS" model has 3 antenna hookups, and the Asus adapter/MB only has 2. Unless i want to mess with routing an external cable (I don't), I'm stuck with either using a PCIe card as I am now with the CS, or getting the NGFF card, it appears, which would give me the 2 antenna hookups.

If I have lost Asus' external antenna, do you have any idea what the form factor is called, or what I'd need to order? RP-SMA? Like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CNK9BGF/?tag=tonymacx86com-20 ?

PS: Just got a PowerMac G5 case, the 40 pound aluminum monstrosity. We'll see how it works with this motherboard...

I had a BCM94360NG in my laptop and it worked OOTB with no addition kexts needed. However, the Wi-Fi speed maxed out at 434Mbps. The horrible Wi-Fi speeds were a deal breaker for me and I ended up switching back to a Dell DW1560 where I get 867Mbps.

In my opinion, the best 2 antenna solutions for hackintoshers are:
  • If you have enough room to use an adaptor, get an Apple BCM94360CS2.
  • If you don't have room for an adaptor, get a Dell DW1560. These will require additional kexts to get them to work in macOS.

Your current BCM943602CS is a 3 antenna card and maxes out at 1300Mbps. Technically, you should be able to use your card with just two antennas connected but I don't know how it will affect Wi-Fi speeds.

Yes, standard RP-SMA antennas should work. Just make sure to get antennas that specifically list 2.4GHz and 5GHz compatibility. The ones you linked to from Amazon seem extremely short and reception will probably suffer because of it.

For more info on Wi-Fi cards, please see post #3 of my Gigabyte Z390 build thread. Link is below in my signature.

Last edited:
Hi guys. I'm not able to fix bluetooth in Monterey 12.1. Anyone could help me?
I'm using OC EFI OpenCore 0.7.6 Z370G.

Hi guys. I'm not able to fix bluetooth in Monterey 12.1. Anyone could help me?
I'm using OC EFI OpenCore 0.7.6 Z370G.
what make and model bluetooth?

Is there a USB Bluetooth adapter that works OOB with Monterey?

Thanks a lot. I'll try
If I use MacPro 7.1 in OpenCore configurator all works!!! Also Bluetooth seems to be working well

matrix-new-year-12161313.jpg

Back